News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

10 Points to Ponder. Or Kill TGRR.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 20, 2011, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

BadBeast

Quote from: trix on December 27, 2011, 11:34:14 AM
oh no grammer police everywhere!
That would be "Grammar". Happy to help, but it seems Cain is a little quicker off the mark.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

Grammar got run over by a reign, dear.

AFK

Quote from: Regret on December 27, 2011, 01:25:00 AM
Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 26, 2011, 07:03:56 PM
dry humor is that old-timey, witty wordplay humor.  I instantly think of someone like Groucho, or an Abbot and Costello routine.  It's not sight-gags, or potty humor.  It tickles your brain.  It sometimes takes a little extra effort to "get", as opposed to seeing Jim Carey make stupid faces.  That is easy to "get", but is much less fulfilling, in my opinion. 

Punnery is often a form of dry humor, thought not always. 
I disagree with this tiny bit, I've made some people laugh their ass off by deadpanly pointing out sight-gags.

Fair enough.  I should have said "not usually". 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

In any case, that would be Spelling Police.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

Quote from: Pope Pastor Wolf-Something-Or-Other on December 27, 2011, 05:48:10 PM
In any case, that would be Spelling Police.

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!
                 \

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on December 27, 2011, 11:34:14 AM
oh no grammer police everywhere!

You're a student, right?

Think of it as free tutoring.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: trix on December 28, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
STOP CORRECTING MY GRAMMER YOU NAZIS

Comparing people who are only helping you with your poor spelling with minions of a totalitarian and fascist regime that committed genocide and other atrocities is in terribly poor tastes.

Saying that spelling is the same as grammar is just ignorant.

Freeky