News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

10 Points to Ponder. Or Kill TGRR.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 20, 2011, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

BadBeast

Quote from: trix on December 27, 2011, 11:34:14 AM
oh no grammer police everywhere!
That would be "Grammar". Happy to help, but it seems Cain is a little quicker off the mark.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

Grammar got run over by a reign, dear.

AFK

Quote from: Regret on December 27, 2011, 01:25:00 AM
Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 26, 2011, 07:03:56 PM
dry humor is that old-timey, witty wordplay humor.  I instantly think of someone like Groucho, or an Abbot and Costello routine.  It's not sight-gags, or potty humor.  It tickles your brain.  It sometimes takes a little extra effort to "get", as opposed to seeing Jim Carey make stupid faces.  That is easy to "get", but is much less fulfilling, in my opinion. 

Punnery is often a form of dry humor, thought not always. 
I disagree with this tiny bit, I've made some people laugh their ass off by deadpanly pointing out sight-gags.

Fair enough.  I should have said "not usually". 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

In any case, that would be Spelling Police.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

LMNO

Quote from: Pope Pastor Wolf-Something-Or-Other on December 27, 2011, 05:48:10 PM
In any case, that would be Spelling Police.

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!
                 \

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: trix on December 27, 2011, 11:34:14 AM
oh no grammer police everywhere!

You're a student, right?

Think of it as free tutoring.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: trix on December 28, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
STOP CORRECTING MY GRAMMER YOU NAZIS

Comparing people who are only helping you with your poor spelling with minions of a totalitarian and fascist regime that committed genocide and other atrocities is in terribly poor tastes.

Saying that spelling is the same as grammar is just ignorant.

Freeky