News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

10 Points to Ponder. Or Kill TGRR.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 20, 2011, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 29, 2011, 08:04:59 PM
The emotes are case sensitive.

Still nothing.  Even if you stick a space between :Regret: with a lowercase r and the = in the quote tag.  :(

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Science me, babby on December 29, 2011, 08:07:49 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 29, 2011, 08:04:59 PM
The emotes are case sensitive.

Still nothing.  Even if you stick a space between :Regret: with a lowercase r and the = in the quote tag.  :(
:argh!: Quote tags do not execute emotes, not surprising actually.
Oh well, time to change my nick to lowercase and wait untill a spelling nazi adresses me.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Beardman Meow on December 29, 2011, 06:48:54 AM
Did I miss a thread where trix decided to give up on trying to be interesting and turned into this?
Was he like this all along?

He's been stuck in noob mode since he got here.  He's still trying to show us all.

You know, instead of being a biped.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Reginald Ret

This Biped has a new pair of stomping boots!

Alright my fellow Bipeds, the time has come!
It is time to put on your stomping boots and to finally execute all those Plans.
The Plans you never let bear fruit just because they are 'unsafe' or 'stupid' or 'too weird'.
I say no more! This New Year's eve Sciencewill be done.
If no injuries or arrests are reported in the first week of 2012 We will all know cowardice just by looking in the mirror!
I promise you this: If my imagination fails me and i can't think of anything else i will drink all that is left of the homemade edible pepperspray i made last summer. Results will be posted in horrible detail and with pics if possible.

edit: Plan got changed, best friend got testicular cancer. surgery succesful. waiting on recovery from surgery and after that more tests. 95% chance of full recovery. Probably will still drink 50/50 pepperspray/vodka mix. If only to make him laugh :P Took the glorious bastard about 1 minute to start making bad jokes about losing his marble etc etc. Things will turn out fine, but not in the mood for other shit.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

trix

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 30, 2011, 01:41:48 AM
Did I miss a thread where trix decided to give up on trying to be interesting and turned into this?

He's been stuck in noob mode since he got here.  He's still trying to show us all.

Show you all?  It amused me to respond in a trollish way.  No grand scheme involved, old-timer.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Don Coyote

Quote from: trix on January 02, 2012, 02:28:11 AM

Show you all?  It amused me to respond in a trollish way.  No grand scheme involved, old-timer.

Maybe the next time you have that urge, don't.

navkat

I have mixed feelings on the OP.

1. No, this isn't a personal blog site but Apple Talk isn't an inappropriate place for personal shit. We're all fucked up in some way and for many of us, this really has become sort of like a church congregation. I've been thoroughly absorbed in my own bullshit but I do give a shit about many of you weirdos on a human compassion level. I don't mind hearing about people's baggage aslong as it's not histrionic or incessantly whiny. I know y'all have been, at times, a factor in my fight to keep myself out of some pretty dark places and much of that is due to the fact that you guys "get it." It's impossible to feel alone at the edge of madness when you're in a community that has borne witness to many of its members doing shit like eat a fistful of peyote and run stark-screaming-naked through the american desert because the frontal-lobe cleaning-lady went on an extended vaycay to Tahiti.

2. Agreed...in part. I know I'm sort of a drifter but I'm enjoying you guys. I don't get butthurt about my shit getting ignored because I know I'm sort of a pick-and-choosy participator. I kinda like being this board's flaky, batshit little sister: I pop in from San Diego to drop off souvinirs, tell some stories, d a few loads of laundry, sometimes borrow money and then run off with some rock band to Chicago for a few months. I think we should all have the liberty to pick our levels of participation and roles.

3. Disagree. I don't mind mittens or emotes. Let's face it: we're all used-up interweb whores who are basically jaded. Emotes were cute, then lametarded, now they've come full circle to useful simply because they're shorthand to express what we've all said with every possible combination of words already. I'm happy and grateful to get mittens or a smile. You are not required to say something cever every minute of the fucking day.

4. Agreed. Completely. Shitstorms are awesome. By all means, please do start them. Also, butthurt should be kept to a minimum by now unless yr a noob. We're all a bunch of jackasses and psychos.

5. No comment. I don't feel like I have the right since I'm more of a lone wolf joiner than a leader here. I have my own brand of whimsy. I sometimes play along and then flounce. I consider you gays to be forces of nature. I enjoy you all muchly. Thank you for letting me play.

6. I love you, Roger. I think you're usually pretty reasonable and fair. You'll post an acutely biting shitstorm like this, poking fingers at everyone and later, poke at yourself for your own poking. I dig it.

7. Agreed. I also feel like people should make continual efforts at logic-based revisionist attitudes--this includes towards each other. Try again to understand and re-evaluate what the other guy's saying before running your biased mouth.

8. Agreed. We need new blood. 50 post head start was swell...maybe expand that to 100? Maybe give the status an ominous countdown message just to shake em up and keep it fair? Like Wog Day during the Shellbacking initiation, for instance (Navy trad. Google it): the Polywogs get to fuck with the elders for a while before hell is unleashed upon their assholes.

9. No opinion.

10. I like conservative banning practices. We're the fucking Order of Chaos, not a fucking AA Yahoo group. To your credit, I've never seen you ban unnecessarily. Threats of violence, getting ruthlessly or unethically AND relentlessly personal/brutal, posting anything that could result in IRL consequences (eg: child pron) and a healthy dose of case-by-case common sense is the capital thing. I personally detest cruelty and schadenfreude.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on January 02, 2012, 02:28:11 AM

It amused me to respond to your trollish response in a patronizing, condescending way.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: AFK on December 20, 2011, 10:54:58 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2011, 01:19:45 AM
Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 20, 2011, 01:17:41 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2011, 01:01:36 AM
4.  If you KNOW a subject will bring down a shitstorm and - knowing this - you post a thread about that subject, don't start fucking bitching when that shitstorm arrives.  And if you do, for fuck's sake don't be a passive-aggressive shitbag about it.  If you KNOW that a drug thread is going to spin out of control instantly, either don't post a thread that says "I'll just leave this here" as if you aren't going to engage, then engage, then get all fucking weepy about the results, flounce a dozen fucking times, and then forever after treat everyone on the board like they aren't real people, simply because your rectum burns.  Talking to you, RWHN, if it ain't obvious enough, but it goes for anyone else who starts a thread about a hot-button topic and then starts to settle at the stern when people do EXACTLY WHAT YOU EXPECTED THEM TO DO.  If you are willing to take the pounding and smile, by all means post the thread...But if not, don't be a big fucking nancy when the inevitable happens.  You fucking KNEW what was coming, so why the FUCK are you upset?

DON'T POST ANYTHING WE (TGRR and Nigel) DON'T LIKE!!!!!

This is part of the cancer that is killing the place. 

That isn't what I said, you fucked up little pussy.  Grow the fuck up.

You are such a passive-aggressive little shitstain, RWHN.  You have been for at least 2 years.

Spare me the internet tough guy, please, this isn't my first turkey trot.  I'm a bit more resilient than your average noob.  And don't talk to me about being a pussy.  Why don't you go whine some more about people not posting when you want them to.  Here's a clue.  People have fucking jobs, they have fucking lives.  People are getting promoted, getting new jobs.  Life is happening. 

That doesn't mean the discordia stops. It just means the postings here slow down.  So fucking what.  But, yes, why don't you threaten to take your toys and go home.  THAT will solve things!

When anyone wants to know why RWHN is permabanned, this sort of shit is why.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

He was actually banned for banning the rest of us from a site of his, but this sort of shit is what led up to it.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube