News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Where does Discordia fit in 2012?

Started by AFK, December 20, 2011, 01:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: moose on February 17, 2012, 07:10:42 PM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on December 20, 2011, 02:08:22 PM
I've been wondering where Discordia fits right now myself. The world seems to get crazier every day. I suppose it's an escalation of disorder to match the imposition of order. I guess what I'm wondering is where and how to push most effectively (And whether that push is a push forward or a push back).
I say push sideways. People get bogged down in dichotomies debating contentious issues. They tend to think in terms of two mutually exclusive possible positions on a given issue. The voice of reason would be trying to reconcile the two to compromise, but the voice of unreason might adopt a position outside rather than between bounds of the ideological framing of the issue, a position so bizarre as to indicate the inherent instability of the binary view of things. We should be the crazy space chimp in the room that sprinkles the world with fairy dust wherever said dust is wanting. Salvation through nonsense and all that jazz. Let's not be too serious, that seems a large part of the problem. Refuse to takes reasonable positions and undermine these futile dichotomies.

I really, really like this!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ditto on Nigel. Maybe this is what "Nonsense as Salvation" really means?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 18, 2012, 04:13:47 AM
Ditto on Nigel. Maybe this is what "Nonsense as Salvation" really means?

Yes... the right kind of nonsense; nonsense with purpose.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/2840/strengths.jpg
There really isn't a good word for "the strength of the third path," which I think is one of the most valuable things Discordia has to offer people right now. We're stuck in a lot of Two Man Con situations (especially in the US), and people generally understand how to use those first two strengths, but they're applying them within the confines of the "choose A or B" box that's been presented, so nothing really moves in a productive direction.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 18, 2012, 05:17:56 AM
There really isn't a good word for "the strength of the third path," which I think is one of the most valuable things Discordia has to offer people right now. We're stuck in a lot of Two Man Con situations (especially in the US), and people generally understand how to use those first two strengths, but they're applying them within the confines of the "choose A or B" box that's been presented, so nothing really moves in a productive direction.

How the hell did we get lucky enough to pick you up, lady?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on February 18, 2012, 05:56:17 AM

We haven't gotten this lucky (QG and Wafflemonster) since 2006/2007.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 18, 2012, 06:07:33 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 18, 2012, 05:56:17 AM

We haven't gotten this lucky (QG and Wafflemonster) since 2006/2007.

It's like the Renaissance all up in here.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Daw, you guys are gonna give me a case of the Special Snowflakes  :oops:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 18, 2012, 06:19:25 AM
Daw, you guys are gonna give me a case of the Special Snowflakes  :oops:

No problem.  My associate, Doktor Howl, has the cure for THAT.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Discordia fits in the vanguard of the lumpenproletariat revolution.

And don't you ever forget it.

LHX

discordia is the fat lady singing -

every time i come back here at this point, it is always to say thank-you -

it takes a lot of discipline to create the most elaborate fireworks -

like it says in the old Sun Tzu books - "those skilled in the unorthodox are as infinite as heaven and earth, inexhaustible as the great rivers"

what's good, family?
neat hell

AFK

Good to see you again LHX. 

Here's hoping life is treating you well in 2012. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on February 20, 2012, 03:49:36 AM
what's good, family?

Lots of good writing, most of which is buried in Apple Talk.

Cramulus

Quote from: LHX on February 20, 2012, 03:49:36 AM
discordia is the fat lady singing -

every time i come back here at this point, it is always to say thank-you -

it takes a lot of discipline to create the most elaborate fireworks -

like it says in the old Sun Tzu books - "those skilled in the unorthodox are as infinite as heaven and earth, inexhaustible as the great rivers"

what's good, family?

hey man! long time no see
welcome back to the playpen

I see that Nonsense-as-Salvation Sun Tzu quote and will raise you a nonsense-as-salvation JESUS quote:

QuoteJesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

LHX

neat hell