News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Your Own Personal Fidel Castro™

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 20, 2011, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on December 20, 2011, 08:51:55 PM
it seems like any good that could have come out of the afternoon's drama is going to be swallowed up in personal affront and upset instead.

Oh well.

Forget it. It's PD, Jake.

This is the lesson we should all take from the events of the last day or so.

AFK

I would sincerely and politely make another request that the OP is changed to reflect the truth of what was said and by whom. In other words, not me. 

Thanks in advance!
MLiaC
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: My Lady is a Cantaloupe on December 21, 2011, 01:04:56 PM
I would sincerely and politely make another request that the OP is changed to reflect the truth of what was said and by whom. In other words, not me. 

Thanks in advance!
MLiaC

Done.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

A bunch of fairly accurate stuff

Don't worry so much.  I just want that cool beard Fidel has.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2011, 01:51:56 PM

Just comb the back hair around...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Scribbly

That's fair.

Be careful with the cigars though, I hear that's how they get you.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on December 21, 2011, 02:19:06 PM

That's fair.

Be careful with the cigars though, I hear that's how they get you someone entirely unrelated.

Fixed.  We are talking about the CIA, after all.

Cramulus

Hey clarify for me - is this thread a reaction to my sentiment that I don't like forums where everybody's flaming and intense all the time? Is this mis-framing my statement "[the problem with PD] is not just roger and nigel, it's everybody" as "the problem with PD is just roger"? I get the sense that this is aimed at me, and if it is, I think you missed my point.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 21, 2011, 02:23:46 PM
Hey clarify for me - is this thread a reaction to my sentiment that I don't like forums where everybody's flaming and intense all the time? Is this mis-framing my statement "[the problem with PD] is not just roger and nigel, it's everybody" as "the problem with PD is just roger"? I get the sense that this is aimed at me, and if it is, I think you missed my point.

Nope, it was just a general tantrum, though the actual part of your post that was offensive to me was in fact mentioned.  That would be the bit about how I (we, actually), are not the kind of people you wish to be associated with1.  The part I misunderstood (the Roger & Nigel bit) has fallen by the wayside after your explanation.

1  Hearing that from someone you respect is a bit of an attitude changer.

Cramulus

I didn't say you weren't the kind of people I wanted to be associated with.

What I said was that the atmosphere here often gets so hostile and judgmental that it's difficult for me to identify with the place. You asked why people are posting less - for me at least, that's why. That's not a statement about you and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 21, 2011, 02:47:35 PM
I didn't say you weren't the kind of people I wanted to be associated with.

What I said was that the atmosphere here often gets so hostile and judgmental that it's difficult for me to identify with the place. You asked why people are posting less - for me at least, that's why. That's not a statement about you and I'm sorry if it came off that way.

Okay, my bad.  Sorry about that.  I seem to have developed a reading comprehension problem.

But now you've ruined a perfectly good fit of rage.  :crankey:

mumble mumble kids these days why in my day when we zombied out we shambled around by 4 AM not noon and when we ate a woman's brain, we did it with respect for the woman mumble mumble

LMNO

They should giving brains for free like the sexing and not pay for.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 21, 2011, 03:34:13 PM
They should giving brains for free like the sexing and not pay for.

I should be free for brain sexing because more brain sexing makes the happier.  Dick-shaped hole in Roger brain, everybody happy, yes.  

Who we are?

LMNO

Estamos dando a la gente, las personas que comparten. Nosotros le obligará a compartir, y lo hará, ya que fueron construidas para nuestro uso. Estamos utilizando la gente, la gente que utiliza la gente. Queremos que la gente a utilizar, para nuestro uso. Que deberían estar contentos que estamos con ellos, para servir a su propósito.

¿Quiénes somos?