News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Who Are We?

Started by Luna, December 22, 2011, 10:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 26, 2011, 05:53:53 PM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 26, 2011, 05:49:48 PM
That was amazing.
Thanks for the lesson, TGRR!

Forgot to attribute, because everyone here knows who wrote it.

It was written by a guy named Michael Peppe, back in 1981 (which makes the Afghanistan reference pretty fucking cool).  We've been working on a 2012 Ad...But there's a certain "formula", if the whole thing is to fit together.

Oh, alright. Googling Peppe nao.

But thanks anyway, for showing it to me. I'll try my best to stick to the formula. :)
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Phox

Bump. Came across some of the pieces i submitted to this and kind of want to post them. What is status?  :lulz:

Placid Dingo

Reread the op; I think that the 'who are we' stuff missed the point. This wad meant to be a broad collection of ideas about who we are as a community.

One that I sent by email is here;

Discordia and the Kiersly Test

Results in this article taken from a PD thread on the Myer-Briggs test.

Of the 84 Discordians who answered the Myer-Briggs test, 55 were identified as NT type, or what Kiersly calls Promethians. Interestingly the most common type; INTP, only represents between 1 and 3% of the general population. In our sample they represented 35% of our population. [technically this would be slightly lower; since I gave my poll result I've shifted to INTJ].  
Some things about NTs as suggested by David Kiersly;
An NT is motivated by the need to gain power over the natural world through knowledge.
Frequently sarcastic.
Abstract in communication (including use of abstract language an wordplay such as -surprise surprise- puns.)
Often goal based.
Enjoys and is good at developing strategy.

25 were NF types, or Apollonian. NFs are feelers. Keirsly defines their key motivation as self-actualisation. They...
Often find work in mentoring or advocating.
They are characteristically emotional, and are quick to display emotion.
They often come to conclusions through feelings or intuition, unlike NTs who almost worship logic.
They value social cohesion.
Like NTs they are similarly abstract as communicators.

Only two identified as SJs, seeking to earn acceptance from a group (Epimethean).

Only two of us identified as SPs, pleasure/freedom seekers (Dionysian).

Luna can speak for herself but I think that this is the kind of thing she was soliciting, alongside the 'who are we' pieces.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.