News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Mayan ruins found in Georgia.

Started by Bruno, December 23, 2011, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

http://www.examiner.com/architecture-design-in-national/massive-1-100-year-old-maya-site-discovered-georgia-s-mountains

QuoteArchaeological zone 9UN367 at Track Rock Gap, near Georgia's highest mountain, Brasstown Bald, is a half mile (800 m) square and rises 700 feet (213 m) in elevation up a steep mountainside.  Visible are at least 154 stone masonry walls for agricultural terraces, plus evidence of a sophisticated irrigation system and ruins of several other stone structures. Much more may be hidden underground.  It is possibly the site of the fabled city of Yupaha, which Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto failed to find in 1540, and certainly one of the most important archaeological discoveries in recent times.

Formerly something else...

Cain

Bruno

Hmmm... Is the Examiner one of those not-so-reliable type sources?

Cain

It's pretty much a blogging platform for cranks.  That it looks professional tends to mislead a lot of people concerning this.

Triple Zero

EH, click around on the site a bit and see for yourself :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, they fooled me once. Embarrassing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Emo Howard on December 23, 2011, 11:22:17 AM
Hmmm... Is the Examiner one of those not-so-reliable type sources?

The Examiner basically asks you, if you want to be one of their writers, "Do you know what the shift key is for?  How about periods and commas?  Excellent, you get the job."  

And iirc, they pay you by how many times your article gets viewed,which means you'd have to be spamming your stuff at every opportunity in order to make a living at it.

Don Coyote

Doesn't WK write article for them on paganism?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Apparently, there is some actual controversy amongst archaeologists, but this article (or whatever) doesn't "tech the controversy", it just says" ZOMG! Mayans in Georgia!"