News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Chao Te Ching - Print Edition!

Started by Cramulus, December 23, 2011, 04:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

The Chao Te Ching is a meditation on the Sacred Chao, a yin-yangish symbol which represents everything worth knowing, and also a lot of stuff not worth knowing. In 81 brief chapters which parallel the Tao Te Ching, this modern Discordian text synthesizes ancient Taoism and irreligious Zenarchy. This manual teaches how to discover your inner spag, the silly fool who, through laughter, is neither confined by apparent order or bewildered by apparent disorder.

The Chao Te Ching is a local production. LMNO and I put it together, and we had submissions/advice from Burns, Cain, Faust, Honey, Hoopla, Kai, Lies, Ratatosk, Requia, Roaring Biscuit, Telarus, and Triple Zero.

Buy the paperback for under ten bucks here: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-chao-te-ching/18759432

Read or Download the whole PDF for free here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/34652650/Chao-te-Ching

LMNO

To clarify: Cram and I wrote a good chunk of it, and then we also edited the hell out of other people's submissions.  Those people are given credit in the Acknowledgements section.

EDIT:  IT'S FRIGGIN' AWESOME.  TO HOLD THIS.  IN MY HANDS. 

AFK

Well :mittens: to everyone involved.  It looks cool.  I'll have to get me one. 

Love that cow/chao pic. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Might get two. One for lending in case i never get it back.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Triple Zero

Oh WOW!

I did try and have a go at designing a cover image for you guys (since that was what seemed to hold it back), but it didn't end up very well (or anywhere, even), but that picture you got now was EXACTLY what I was trying to go for when I made my half-assed attempt!!

I definitely need to buy some of these.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

The Chao Te Ching is Kopyleft - all rites reversed.

If you use the text to make any art, etc, please post it here! http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=28358.0

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Kai

I love the layout and the minimalist style. I may have to buy a copy or three. Thumbs up, guys, you outdid yourselves.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Placid Dingo

How did you end up getting that cover?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cramulus

I live with a photoshop wizard. He used his spear and magic tablet.

Phox

Quote from: Cramulus on December 23, 2011, 11:33:39 PM
I live with a photoshop wizard. He used his spear and magic tablet.
Spear and magic tablet?