News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

[Thread Split] Re: A Parable

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 22, 2011, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's funny; it's almost like someone took one of the ideas I posted a couple of days ago and wrote a parable about it, as if they had thought of it themselves.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Someone who said they weren't going to contribute anymore, anyway.  Entertainment only, and all that.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=31062.msg1128679#msg1128679

Whoops.  Dropped that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

But I'm sure he never even read that post, just like he makes a frequent point of mentioning that he never ever looks at that one thread of mine which I haven't posted in for two years.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

this is why we can't have nice things

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:11:53 PM
this is why we can't have nice things

Because someone will come along and swipe them.   :sad:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cramulus

I don't get it ...  :? nigel posted about needing more mirth. Rev Whats his Cantelope agrees and writes on that topic. And this is stealing? I thought we liked to build / collaborate on each other's ideas. I'm confused. Is the pro-mirth concept copyrighted? RWHN isn't plagiarizing anything, and Nigel apparently agrees with the spirit of it, so I don't see what the big deal is?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:22:32 PM
I don't get it ...  :? nigel posted about needing more mirth. Rev Whats his Cantelope agrees and writes on that topic. And this is stealing? I thought we liked to build / collaborate on each other's ideas. I'm confused. Is the pro-mirth concept copyrighted? RWHN isn't plagiarizing anything, and Nigel apparently agrees with the spirit of it, so I don't see what the big deal is?

For the last several days, RWHN has stated that he is done, no longer interested in contributing anything.  Here for entertainment reasons only.

Then he takes a post by Nigel and blows it up into a rant, without any sort of acknowledgement.

Given his recent behavior and his recent claims of non-participation, I'm sort of concluding that this was done to drive Nigel batshit with rage.

Seems to have succeeded.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am far too tired and happy from last night's party to be batshit, but I have certainly committed a few things to memory in a way that is unlikely to be lost anytime soon, and I have a particular tirelessness for dampening people who have earned it. :)

Eater of Clowns

Nigel is far from the first person to be pro-mirth.  I mean fuck, I can recall having said some shit like that before and I barely even post.

And things that can piss Nigel off being, well, everything, and this post qualifying as something, then I guess yeah it would piss her off.

Plus, what makes it not okay for RWHN to claim to no longer want to post content then do it anyway when so many, yourself included, do that all the time?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2011, 09:30:26 PM
Nigel is far from the first person to be pro-mirth.  I mean fuck, I can recall having said some shit like that before and I barely even post.

And things that can piss Nigel off being, well, everything, and this post qualifying as something, then I guess yeah it would piss her off.

Plus, what makes it not okay for RWHN to claim to no longer want to post content then do it anyway when so many, yourself included, do that all the time?

It just seemed targeted to me, is all.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2011, 09:31:17 PM

I don't know the particulars of you and RWHN and all that, but the Eris part read to me as RWHN reminding himself that there's a lot to this Discordia thing that he's forgotten.  It feels like getting himself back in the game.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2011, 09:34:14 PM

I don't know the particulars of you and RWHN and all that, but the Eris part read to me as RWHN reminding himself that there's a lot to this Discordia thing that he's forgotten.  It feels like getting himself back in the game.

I hope that's the case.

I suppose I'll wait & see.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh.

I guess that the only thing is that I wrote a fairly carefully thought out, if short, post about it, which was at least notable about it that someone quoted it and it was commented on, and I mentioned the thought in at least one other thread, and then someone who has professed that he doesn't like me (in those words, some time back) and is not here to provide content, took my previously-expressed idea and wrote a parable about it.

But naturally that need not involve me, and I should look right past it.

Cramulus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2011, 09:25:12 PM

For the last several days, RWHN has stated that he is done, no longer interested in contributing anything.  Here for entertainment reasons only.

Then he takes a post by Nigel and blows it up into a rant, without any sort of acknowledgement.

Given his recent behavior and his recent claims of non-participation, I'm sort of concluding that this was done to drive Nigel batshit with rage.

Seems to have succeeded.

So when he does want to contribute something, he gets flamed for being inspired by nigel?

I dunno man... this is an internet forum, we post stuff, people riff on it and expound upon it, we build on each other's ideas and discuss.. I'm sort of confused as to you'd want to discourage that, being that we were just talking about how little content there is. I mean, I really liked the idea of shifting perspective towards mirth and absurdity too - do I need to get permission before I support that point?

:? I didn't get that impression

he seems to be pretty into the mirth idea. I confess I haven't been following very closely, but I'm not sure how this is about you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2011, 09:25:12 PM

Seems to have succeeded.

So when he does want to contribute something, he gets flamed for being inspired by nigel?

I dunno man... this is an internet forum, we post stuff, people riff on it and expound upon it, we build on each other's ideas and discuss.. I'm sort of confused as to you'd want to discourage that, being that we were just talking about how little content there is. I mean, I really liked the idea of shifting perspective towards mirth and absurdity too - do I need to get permission before I support that point?

:? I didn't get that impression

he seems to be pretty into the mirth idea. I confess I haven't been following very closely, but I'm not sure how this is about you?

I never said it was about me.

...Okay, I guess I WON'T wait & see.

*shrug*

Flame on, and all that happy horseshit.