News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

[Thread Split] Re: A Parable

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 22, 2011, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2011, 09:30:26 PM
Nigel is far from the first person to be pro-mirth.  I mean fuck, I can recall having said some shit like that before and I barely even post.

And things that can piss Nigel off being, well, everything, and this post qualifying as something, then I guess yeah it would piss her off.

Plus, what makes it not okay for RWHN to claim to no longer want to post content then do it anyway when so many, yourself included, do that all the time?

It's very surprising, I'm sure, but what pisses me off is mostly just stupidity, narcissism, and malice.

And after a year or more of posting no content and stating an intention of posting no content, it's a bit... interesting... that a certain person who has expressed malice towards me would write a parable on a subject I had broached a day before, in a thread he was involved in. It's not a novel idea but the context in which I presented it is, as well as currently relevant, which is why this looks like poaching.

And poaching is a generous conclusion. The other is that it's baiting.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2011, 09:25:12 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:22:32 PM
I don't get it ...  :? nigel posted about needing more mirth. Rev Whats his Cantelope agrees and writes on that topic. And this is stealing? I thought we liked to build / collaborate on each other's ideas. I'm confused. Is the pro-mirth concept copyrighted? RWHN isn't plagiarizing anything, and Nigel apparently agrees with the spirit of it, so I don't see what the big deal is?

For the last several days, RWHN has stated that he is done, no longer interested in contributing anything.  Here for entertainment reasons only.

Then he takes a post by Nigel and blows it up into a rant, without any sort of acknowledgement.

Given his recent behavior and his recent claims of non-participation, I'm sort of concluding that this was done to drive Nigel batshit with rage.

Seems to have succeeded.

So when he does want to contribute something, he gets flamed for being inspired by nigel?

99% of the users here have the courtesy to drop a reference to the post that inspired them, or, even, to ask whether that poster intends to do further writing on that basis.

Which I did, actually, and have been privately discussing it, as well as referencing it in other threads, but fuck it. RWHN wants to take ownership, let him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on December 22, 2011, 09:48:44 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 22, 2011, 09:25:12 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on December 22, 2011, 09:22:32 PM
I don't get it ...  :? nigel posted about needing more mirth. Rev Whats his Cantelope agrees and writes on that topic. And this is stealing? I thought we liked to build / collaborate on each other's ideas. I'm confused. Is the pro-mirth concept copyrighted? RWHN isn't plagiarizing anything, and Nigel apparently agrees with the spirit of it, so I don't see what the big deal is?

For the last several days, RWHN has stated that he is done, no longer interested in contributing anything.  Here for entertainment reasons only.

Then he takes a post by Nigel and blows it up into a rant, without any sort of acknowledgement.

Given his recent behavior and his recent claims of non-participation, I'm sort of concluding that this was done to drive Nigel batshit with rage.

Seems to have succeeded.

So when he does want to contribute something, he gets flamed for being inspired by nigel?

99% of the users here have the courtesy to drop a reference to the post that inspired them, or, even, to ask whether that poster intends to do further writing on that basis.

Which I did, actually, and have been privately discussing it, as well as referencing it in other threads, but fuck it. RWHN wants to take ownership, let him.

He won't, of course, once you walk away from it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Eater of Clowns

I'd like to see in which direction you'd take your idean, Nigel.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 22, 2011, 09:53:50 PM
I'd like to see in which direction you'd take your idean, Nigel.

Maybe I will when I get un-irritated.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck you, Cram. When did you become a hypocritical, passive-aggressive ass? At least have the fucking gonads to argue with me man to man and explain why my irritation is invalid, instead of the sideways poking with a padded LARPing stick.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or is it that I'm supposed to just sit back and take his incompetent bullshit in order to "keep the peace"?

Triple Zero

Or are you supposed to fan the flames? RWHN shouldn't have, in that other thread, because other people were having a constructive discussion, and yeah maybe you should ignore it because we all know everyone is just going to keep going and going and going and it'll never end unless one says fuck it I'm going to do my own thing, I thought we were looking at trying to go somewhere else because we found we don't like very much where the forum is right now, and that has nothing to do with whether you're right or not, maybe you are, I don't even know what post we're referring to here, but isn't this continuing the same thing steering back to where we left off? But if you think it's that important, by all means go ahead and continue the cycle.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

I've always been into the mirth.  I mean, I AM the pun-master after all.  And this isn't the first pd-styled parable I've written.  There is another one kicking around in this subforum that I wrote quite a few years ago.  I've stated many times, that I always keyed into the Nonsense as Salvation type pieces of the PD.  I think my content and style have made that rather self-evident.  And I've always enjoyed that kind of story and like writing them.  I'm sorry that you feel I stole your idea Nigel, but plainly put I didn't, and I don't think it makes any sense for me to attempt to persuade you otherwise.

Though, reading that post now, I don't get the sense that you were claiming exclusive rights to writing about the need for more mirth in the world.

And to be quite clear, my reasons for lack of content over the past couple of years are all related to the fact that A) I have a family that I like to spend time with and B) I have a fairly demanding job.  Back when I was contributing a lot of content I was working a retail job with retail hours.  I had chunks of time in the morning when I was alone and I could write stuff.  I don't have that now.  I don't even have time to write and play music like I used to.  My time is pretty much tapped out save for the few minutes here and there I take a break to hang out here.

Anyway, that's my story and it's sticking to me.  DAMN YOU GIGGLES!!!

And I probably will write more, and I probably will write more along the mirth theme.  I might even revive the Shrapnel stuff which I've also been fairly keen on.  If that bothers anyone, well, sorry.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pæs

Oh, it's THIS thread again.

The OP almost had me fooled. I thought maybe we were going to try something new.

I can't even explain how it feels to start getting invested in the possibility of discussing an idea and then have the rug pulled out from under me.

Actually, I can.

Massive dumping of content in this thread.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 22, 2011, 11:22:26 PM
Or are you supposed to fan the flames? RWHN shouldn't have, in that other thread, because other people were having a constructive discussion, and yeah maybe you should ignore it because we all know everyone is just going to keep going and going and going and it'll never end unless one says fuck it I'm going to do my own thing, I thought we were looking at trying to go somewhere else because we found we don't like very much where the forum is right now, and that has nothing to do with whether you're right or not, maybe you are, I don't even know what post we're referring to here, but isn't this continuing the same thing steering back to where we left off? But if you think it's that important, by all means go ahead and continue the cycle.

I gave him fair warning. :)

Placid Dingo

I liked this OP a lot. Also really really loved the Dolores stuff.

The part where it dissolved into wanking over who had exclusive rights to broad concepts was probably not as enjoyable.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's not about "exclusive rights". That would be stupid.

I guess it's just a funny coincidence. Especially since RWHN doesn't read anything I write. :)

Pæs

Quote from: Nigel on December 23, 2011, 12:53:35 AM
I guess it's just a funny coincidence. Especially since RWHN doesn't read anything I write. :)

Did he say he doesn't read anything you write, or did his making a "frequent point of mentioning that he never ever looks at that one thread" convince you somehow that he had given his word he would avoid looking directly at your posts?

I didn't see him say that, but I might be wrong.

It just seems like this whole clusterfuck entirely boils down to determined misrepresentation and insistence on ignoring attempts at clarifying, which is stupid.
That's not specifically targeted at the quoted, but an observance of a general and fucking annoying trend.