News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Not sure if it will do any good but....

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 29, 2011, 06:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

A few thouand signatures.  How many divisions do they have?

Look, a few thousand voters is barely enough to swing a single Represenative's seat, and Congress is a paper tiger in the first place.  Obama is the President, with a billion in the bank for his reelection.  Half of the people who signed the petition will probably end up voting for him anyway, because ooga-booga eViL rEpUbLiCaNs are waiting in the wings.  Obama aint scared of you, and he has no reason to be.

Cain

Quote from: Khara on December 29, 2011, 09:38:36 PM
Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 09:31:02 PM
Quote from: KharaEh there was no reason for this thread to go the direction and tone it went.  A prime example of us sniping on each other for no real good reason.  

Oh bullshit.  More like your above post is a good example of you sniping on someone else for no good reason.

You want sniping?  Try this: I was talking realpolitik, the art of governance in the actually existing world.  Maybe if you ever bothered to read the vast number of posts on politics and links to other people's writing on politics, you'd understand what that was, you shallow, uncomprehending bint.

Stick to shrill one-sentence spinoffs from hype-driven media.  It's all you can handle.

Love you too Cain.  Glad you are here to tell me all exactly what is wrong with me.  

I'll stick to what you suggest, after all you are so much smarter than I can ever dream of being and you make sure everyone knows it.  

Have a nice day, try not to drown with that nose so turned up like that.  It would be a shame if the world lost your incredible genius.

Or, you know, you could try reading.  But I wouldn't want you to challenge yourself.  Big words and so on.

Cain

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 09:38:45 PM
Cain obviously you know more about this shit than us but id appreciate it if we could have a constructive convo about this. Youre being a dick at this point.

I'm being the dick?  Fuck you too, buddy.  Khara was the one who decided she wanted a pissing match.  I'm saying nothing I aint said before in Aneristic Delusions, but she decided it was "personal sniping" because...well, I'm not entirely sure, but if I had to guess, showing her up for being a know-nothing dittohead in the Manning pre-trial thread would be a good guess.  She wants personal sniping, she can have it, and then some.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Funny how everyone loves my supposed political insight until it disagrees with their deeply cherished beliefs.  Then I'm a "cynical", "unconstructive" poster who "thinks he's so smart", with the unsaid but definitely implied statement that I aint

:lulz:

Cain

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 09:47:48 PM
Do it elsewhere then please.

I'd split it myself, but I'm party to it, so it'll have to be a passing mod or admin.

Dysfunctional Cunt

You Cain were nasty and sarcastic in your first post.  I actually read it big words and all.  You may not see it but it is obvious to the stupid layperson.

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 07:58:20 PM
How, exactly?  As in, I'd like a step-by-step, logical argument to explain how this is better than doing nothing.

Note: I will not accept "giving yourself a warm, fuzzy feeling of Being Involved In Political Activism" as an argument.

And this, in what reality is that anything but nasty and condescending when Neph Twid was nothing but polite?

So please, yes continue to insult me if it makes you happy.  I really don't care.  

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 09:49:51 PM
Funny how everyone loves my supposed political insight until it disagrees with their deeply cherished beliefs.  Then I'm a "cynical", "unconstructive" poster who "thinks he's so smart", with the unsaid but definitely implied statement that I aint.  

Yes, please make up stuff as you wish, none of that was said by me or in this thread.  My only problem with you was your attitude and shittiness.  I agreed with much of what you said, my problem was how nasty you presented it.  

Edited for my idiocy and mistake in calling Twid RWHN.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 07:40:11 PM
Veto it?  Obama is the one behind the fucker.

Might as well ask Stalin to sign your petition expressing support for Leon Trotsky.

:lulz: Horrible, but true.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 08:12:07 PM
Your flaw is in thinking "a few malcontents on the internet" constitute The Public (itself a convenient fiction).

Obama's response is already pre-determined.  It is "fuck you, you already voted for me.  If it bothers you so much, cast a ballot for Gingrinch.  Or Nader.  Ahahahaha".

The Public is just one interest group, 50% of whom don't ever vote, and, of the remaining 50%, roughly 45% will vote for one particular party because of the beastly, partisan and naked ideological commitment of the other, 45% do the same for the opposing party, 2.5% are "independents" who vote based on an ill-concieved notion of political centrism and 2.5% support third parties. 

The Public aint shit compared to Goldman Sachs, Wackenhut or the Pentagon.  The only way this law is going to get repealed is if someone goes to far and locks up Somone Important and With Connections, ie; a member of the ruling elite.  Until then, The Public will just have to suck it up.

I don't see anything "sniping" or unconstructive about this post. Unless you're worried it will hurt Obama's feelings.

Just saying.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Khara on December 29, 2011, 09:52:54 PM
You Cain were nasty and sarcastic in your first post.  I actually read it big words and all.  You may not see it but it is obvious to the stupid layperson.

How, exactly?  As in, I'd like a step-by-step, logical argument to explain how this is better than doing nothing.

Note: I will not accept "giving yourself a warm, fuzzy feeling of Being Involved In Political Activism" as an argument.

And this, in what reality is that anything but nasty and condescending when RWHN was nothing but polite?

So please, yes continue to insult me if it makes you happy.  I really don't care.  

Funny how everyone loves my supposed political insight until it disagrees with their deeply cherished beliefs.  Then I'm a "cynical", "unconstructive" poster who "thinks he's so smart", with the unsaid but definitely implied statement that I aint.  

Yes, please make up stuff as you wish, none of that was said by me or in this thread.  My only problem with you was your attitude and shittiness.  I agreed with much of what you said, my problem was how nasty you presented it.  

Aren't you the one who is always whining about how other people need to toughen up and throw out liberal "fuck you!"'s to people you disagree with with?

Why, I do believe you are.  You, lady, are a hypocrite and a hack.  If I wanted to get personal and nasty with Twid, I'd be...well, kinda treating him the way I'm treating you now.  But don't let that get in the way of your clearly metasizing butthurt.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im not disagreeing with you either cain. But it did discourage me to even attempt to talk about it. I didnt see kharas post as being a snipe at you but rather to attempt to revive a thread that you shot down pretty quickly. Just saying.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on December 29, 2011, 09:57:38 PM
Quote from: Khara on December 29, 2011, 09:52:54 PM

And this, in what reality is that anything but nasty and condescending when RWHN was nothing but polite?

Aren't you the one who is always whining about how other people need to toughen up and throw out liberal "fuck you!"'s to people you disagree with with?

Why, I do believe you are.  You, lady, are a hypocrite and a hack.  If I wanted to get personal and nasty with Twid, I'd be...well, kinda treating him the way I'm treating you now.  But don't let that get in the way of your clearly metasizing butthurt.

I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.  No I'm not the one who says that, I've never said that.  EVER!!  

But yes, please go on, make up whatever you wish.  

Kai

I completely agree with what Cain said earlier in this thread. We live in a corporatist kleptocracy, exactly as he described. An Internet petition is not a strong enough measure by the public (interest group) to sway the balance away from other interest groups with far more capital.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

On second thought dont bother with a thread split. This threads point was doa anyway.

Cain

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on December 29, 2011, 09:59:23 PM
Im not disagreeing with you either cain. But it did discourage me to even attempt to talk about it. I didnt see kharas post as being a snipe at you but rather to attempt to revive a thread that you shot down pretty quickly. Just saying.

I refuse to take responsibility for how you feel about the response I provided.  I commented, I gave reasons why I felt it was a waste of time.  I wasn't preventing anyone from disagreeing, or signing the petition if they wanted to. I'm not sure what else I'm meant to do.

And Khara was trying to paint my responses as some kind of personal vendetta, which was a purposeful misreading of my statements.  Though it could just be that she's retarded.  I mean, that also explains how she ended up reading it that way.