News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Broccoli Cheddar Duvel Soup- easy style

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, December 30, 2011, 02:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

This is the shit you need:

5Tbs butter, 5Tbs flour, 1 Duvel, 2 cups chicken broth, 3 cups half and half, 2 containers frozen chopped broccoli, 1 lb shredded cheddar, 1 potato

side note: you may substitute for real cheese (good cheese), add ham or bacon, fresh broccoli, etc.. this cheese was bogo and we were hungry now

Your spices:

salt, pepper, a wee bit of nutmeg and either a pinch of cayenne or a dash of Crystal.

Do this:

Make your roux by melting butter till bubbly, then add flour and whisk. Keep whisking till all that raw flour smell is gone and it darkens slightly. You don't need to make it brick red, we're not making gumbo here.

Next start adding your stock and beer. Make sure you heat it up in a pot or in the microwave first. Don't want to add cold stuff to hot roux. It will thicken like a paste at first, don't be skeered, keep whisking until its smooth. Don't add your liquids too fast or you'll get lumps and I'll smash your fingers with a cast iron skillet.

Then add your potato that you've diced into little bitty pieces. If you want to pre-boil these to make the shit go faster, feel free, just don't turn em to fucking mush. I like em to keep their shape. The starch also makes your soup thick and silky.

Add your half and half. Warm half and half, remember. Don't break the shit. Add it slow and stir it gently, that potato is gonna stick.

After your shit is fucking hot add your cheese, shredded, a little bit at a time. Melt it in there nice and slow. Don't rush these steps. Make sure each time you add something you heat it thoroughly but don't bring the shit to a boil, you want it just about at a simmer the whole time. Boiling is bad!

Look. I discovered the FLASH. Your shit should look like this.

Now you can taste the shit and add your spices. I wait till now so I can see how salty it will be after I add the cheese n shit.

Chuck in your broccoli and stir it in real good. If you use frozen, thaw the shit till it's slightly warm in the microwave first. Don't add frozen broccoli to this shit or it will be broken and ugly like your mom.

It should look like this

Now add your cayenne or Crystal. Mmmmmm. Not too much now, you just barely want to taste it. A little.

If you didn't fuck up and you did like I said, it should look like this. Serve it with a Duvel, of course and eat it till your farts burn your pets eyes.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Sir Squid Diddimus

It's cheap, fast and makes a lot.
Have a friend or lady over.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This looks good, directions were A++, would read again, will try.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Jenne

Squiddy, this is awesome.  I will be trying.  I have made the cheddar-n-broccoli before, but not with potatoes.  I really don't remember WHAT I used to thicken it with, now that I think on it...

Sir Squid Diddimus

The roux really makes it thick enough. The potatoes can be left out if you want.

DECI4

You didn't have the butter in your picture of the neccesary ingredients. So you lied right off the bat. I'm starting to think you never made the soup at all. LOL frozen broccoli. Jesus even your lies are lazy, like you would have the physical capacity to do anything but open a can of Campbells Cream of Broccoli.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

Nast

Yeah Squiddy, you might as well call this CREAM OF INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY SOUP!

:cramstipated:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Pæs

Quote from: Nast on January 02, 2012, 02:24:14 AM
Yeah Squiddy, you might as well call this CREAM OF INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY SOUP!

:cramstipated:
Quote from: Nast on January 02, 2012, 02:24:52 AM
SERVED WITH A BAGUETTE OF DECEIT
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE.

AND YOU CALL THAT "A WEE BIT OF NUTMEG"?

YOU SNEAKY BITCH. HOW DEEP DOES THE RABBIT HOLE OF DECEPTION GO?

Sir Squid Diddimus

DECEITFUL LYING SOUP!
IT'S ALL A FUCKING LIE!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Best deceitful recipe thread on the board, A++!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."