News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

RAW and the Banshee connection

Started by The Johnny, December 30, 2011, 11:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

QuoteThe Kathak Mix was remixed by producer Youth and released on the US version of the CD single. This version included spoken samples of Robert Anton Wilson in the introduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acc_j0nVP2w

Why???

The song is about Jayne Mansfield, and is supposedly their biggest hit... the remix is awful compared to the original...

Is there a reason the soundbit at the start of the song, in which RAW rambles about Eris is included in a song that doesnt have anything to do with her??

:? :? :?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on December 30, 2011, 11:33:35 AM
...in a song that doesnt have anything to do with her??

I can't think of a better place for Bob's ramblings  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Slurrealist

I think I might have an answer.
Youth, aka Martin Grover, had great connections with the Orb ( at that time a collaboration between Alex Paterson and Jimmy Cauty of the KLF fame) in the beginning of the nineties - Youth was even the co writer of the well known Little Fluffy Clouds song - so the Orb must have infected them with Discordianism.
Also, it may be the result of using the Orb's technique of using various strange, weird samples or speeches in order to highlight more the druggy side of the music ( Just for information, The Orb even made a track, albeit a very short one, from the samples of defecating elephants, no kidding).
By the way, it's a nice chilled track (IMO), and in typical Youth's early nineties style.
"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."