News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

ATTN: Nigel, Net, Telarus, and any other PDX spags

Started by East Coast Hustle, December 29, 2011, 09:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

So ECHGF's little brother has a week of leave from the Air Force and is gonna be staying here with us for that week. He's never been to Portland before. He's just turned 21 so I need to get him drunk, get him laid, and show him some touristy Portland-area shit.

What do? Where go?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Alberta/Miss. st bar tour

At least one show at Ducketts, and another show at The Know

Uuuuuuhhhhh

Maybe dancing at The Goodfoot? That's supposed to be a good place to get laid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, Goodfoot is OK. Better for playing pool with your buddies than scoring strange, though, except maybe on weekends and even then only if you're into hippie-ish chicks (personally I'm fine with them but I don't know if that's up his alley). Decent bands sometimes and the pinball machines are sweet if you can get in on one.

But we were already gonna take him to the arcade there on Belmont so Goodfoot would be a good pre-game or post-game spot.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

That's where the Starky's kitchen crew would go for beers after work so it's one of the handful of PDX bars I actually know pretty well. :lulz:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I recommend the Matador on W Burnside, definitely the Mississippi/Alberta circuit (especially the Nest, there's always a lot of cool young people there).

Also, Beulaland on 28th is just a short walk from the Goodfoot. They had an awesome DJ and interesting people every time I've been there, but I'm no regular so this could be the exception to the rule...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Oh wait, Rontom's is an essential part of the Portland hipster experience and you guys just might even enjoy it.

I'll ask around and report back.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK... I agree with Beulahland, but Rontom's is new. Technically the Nest is also new, but it has some PDX provenance due to having been Joe's Place. Also Rontom's is 99% douches every time.

So is the Goodfoot, but it has a rep as a pickup bar with easy hippie chicks, is all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK wait. I reread what you said and I agree with it. Rontom's is totally an essential part of the PDX hipster circuit.

East Coast Hustle

I'm not sure if I can deal with a place like that long enough for anyone with me to mine it for any entertainment value.

However, we're going to a NYE party up in Seattle tonight that should be pretty awesome, then I'm kidnapping Nikoli Volkoff and dragging him down to PDX for a few days to assist me in thoroughly corrupting this kid, so success should be attainable.