News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, December 31, 2011, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey hey hey

I celebrated the New Year THE RIGHT WAY, by walking down to Swan Island Industrial Park with a friend and getting a McRib (we had never had one before and HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?) and then walking the beach.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Nigel on January 02, 2012, 05:22:59 AM
Hey hey hey

I celebrated the New Year THE RIGHT WAY, by walking down to Swan Island Industrial Park with a friend and getting a McRib (we had never had one before and HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS ABOMINATION?) and then walking the beach.

That sounds simultaneously pleasant and awful.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Suu

There is something frightful about that which is the McRib...However, the combination of MSG and pickles makes it oddly tasty to my fucked up palette.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bruno

Quote from: Nigel on January 02, 2012, 05:22:59 AM
Hey hey hey

Fun fact about the McRib: the longer it sits under the heat lamp, the better it gets. McDonalds workers will claim one a couple of hours before their lunch break and stash it out of the way. Other employees know not to touch it.

Or, at least, that's what I heard from a friend that worked at McDonalds circa 1990. The McRib may have evolved since then.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever put in my mouth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Emo Howard on January 02, 2012, 05:56:57 AM

Or, at least, that's what I heard from a friend that worked at McDonalds circa 1990. The McRib may have evolved since then.

The ones claimed, then forgotten probably have, at least.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 02, 2012, 06:00:32 AM

They seem to have evolved a bit... from what I can tell looking on the internet, the shape is now more rectangular (for some reason writing that made me shudder) than it used to be.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

QuoteBiologists said last year's kill was caused by birds who were spooked off their roosts by the loud explosions and began flying into homes, cars, telephone poles and each other.

Around this same time last year, thousands of dead fish also turned up in the Arkansas River, prompting conspiracies about the end of the world, poison and environmental catastrophe.

Taylor and Duke both agree, though: it's probably just the fireworks in Beebe.

And who says ABC News don't have a sense of humour?

Also, we don't know that they actually rained down after dying.  The cause of death may be their raining down.  Think about it.

Cain

The other explanation, of course, is that birds are traditionally seen as enemies of snakes.

Do we know any snake deities associated with 2012?  I believe we do.  HE COMES!

Pæs

FFFFFF-
Cain's logic is undeniable.

:x

Kai

Quote from: Suu on January 02, 2012, 05:32:55 AM
There is something frightful about that which is the McRib...However, the combination of MSG and pickles makes it oddly tasty to my fucked up palette.

Speaking from first hand experience of the discarded end product, /you should avoid it at all costs/. It is NOT good for your body. Just saying.

Quote from: Nigel on January 02, 2012, 06:14:53 AM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 02, 2012, 06:00:32 AM

They seem to have evolved a bit... from what I can tell looking on the internet, the shape is now more rectangular (for some reason writing that made me shudder) than it used to be.

Yes they have. Not for our betterment, either. They're not exactly /sentient/, but they definitely have some level of awareness. As they breed and become even more inedible, eventually they'll be poisonous. On that day, I forsee a great exodus of pre-cambrian style flatworm slithering out the doors and dumpsters of Micky D's everywhere. I don't think they'll see vengeance, just ecological residence. Probably the bottoms of the collecting ponds for large parkinglots and effluent channels for water treatment plants. In any case, you'll know they're there because when a McRib gets wet you can smell it from hundreds of feet away.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

Quote from: 'Kai' ZLB, M.S. on January 02, 2012, 01:52:20 PM
Quote from: Suu on January 02, 2012, 05:32:55 AM

Speaking from first hand experience of the discarded end product, /you should avoid it at all costs/. It is NOT good for your body. Just saying.

I never said I eat them regularly (I think I had one last year when they brought them back for shits and giggles) . In fact, since I've cut beef and some pork out of my diet, I can't have one. They do, however, remind me of Christmas. That and Monopoly, which they don't do at Christmastime anymore.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Phox

I seem to recall hearing somewhere that they were removed from the menu at one point because they didn't meet FDA standards for human consumption. And then they lobbied to have the FDA's standards changed. Note that I cannot find any indication that this story is actually true, and indeed, it seems like a rather unlikely scenario, I would not, in fact be surprised if this was indeed the case, because I always thought that they were barely edible.  :lulz:

^ reiterating that I cannot find any evidence for this story and am merely repeating hearsay.

Suu

Despite what everyone says about McDonald's or other fast food chains, they do really have to use real meat* in their food. It is real chicken, beef, and pork, and it's also surprisingly regulated. That doesn't make the industry any less gross.

*-Real as defined it came from some edible part of an animal, but not necessarily Grade A.