News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

An Intimate History of the Home with Lucy Worsley

Started by Nast, January 02, 2012, 05:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

I love Lucy Worsley! She's adorable. You can watch her entertaining and informative series on the development of the home throughout Western history as divided into four rooms - the living room, bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrHgg4Ar0A. The timeline runs from about Medieval period to the 1950s.

I learned a lot about the past and it confirmed my belief that Tudors are smelly.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."