News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

musings about the oook inside

Started by Ari, January 02, 2012, 03:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ari

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 09, 2012, 02:35:56 PM
Thanks for taking part of this thread guys, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.

I don't have that much to add, but let's see ... writing in the sand and waiting for the sea to wash it away? Why? It's probably really metaphorical for all kinds of "impermanence" related whatnots, but I already do so many useless things ... Or do you write really embarrassing things? Or is it maybe something that you just happen to like for no reason and I don't have to get it?

Maybe if I wrote it sideways so the sentence goes into the sea and it spells "THE BODIES ARE BURIED AT T..." ?

i do like the idea of writing weird things; but then the outcome depends so much on other people coming by to see it. often i end up far off the usual tracks, it is there - away from everything else - that i can work in peace. next time at a more public place i shall remember though... =)

i recently came across andy goldsworthy's "rivers and tides" and although he seems to be kind of a nut, i do love his work, it reminds me a lot about the things i do outside.

how to explain? creating something out of rocks or sticks and leafs : it's tedious, often breaks down in between when the balance isn't right or the wind comes around fucking with you. watching the natural flow of things tear it down bit by bit after it's done, well - the final result may seem useless, but the process itself does not (at least to me). i get a feeling out of it that just won't come in the urban jungle or when i get creative at home.

the stuff below took me the better of an afternoon; the whole structure fell down numerous times and my back felt the weight from the big plate in the middle for a couple of days. but watching the sun set as the water came crawling back, slowly drowing the whole thing, watching the waves rise without destroying it, and then finally taking it down. i don't know man... i enjoy this kinda shit.

パンクビッチ