News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Crumpled wads of paper

Started by LMNO, January 04, 2012, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

So, rather than stay silent, here are the things I've started and found myself unable to finish.  Feel free to pick and run with any.

The morning walls are cold.  And dark.  They smell like shivering plaster, as if the silent world outside is throttling the cottage, trying to shake loose the warm things inside.

I've hit a wall of some kind.  My brain won't physically move through it.  Everything is avoidance, and exhaustion, and

His eyes had glazed over by the third day.  What little functions he possessed, his brainstem used to keep the heart and his lungs pumping.  I don't know for sure if he heard the words I whispered to him in the quiet morning air.  But something made him smile, and for a brief second, he was still with me.  He was gone by the afternoon.

My own brain tricked me when I was a child.  To be fair, I hadn't known about the Law of Fives, and quite frankly, I enjoyed the possibility that I could see into the future.  Too bad everything I saw was both depressing, and eventually came true.  I stashed the old cloth bag of runes in the bottom shelf of my closet for years, convinced that I not only had mystic powers, I really, really shouldn't be using them.

Quit cigarettes cold turkey.  Gave up pot just as easily.  Even smoked crack, snorted coke, and did PCP on a couple of occasions.  None of that appealed to me.  But the bottle... What the fuck is it about that foul-tasting garbage?  If the Spider's fangs struck me anywhere, it's been directly in the liver.

"It can't be that easy," I said.  Even if you've created a magnetic field so powerful to slow down a photon, that's not enough to get you into a universe that's only postulated, not proven."
"Yeah, but either way, why would you want to stay here?" Brian asked, as he pulled another InfoLeech from his neck.