News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

What Makes You Not a Discordian?

Started by Cramulus, January 04, 2012, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirley0

11 LAMAT3:33&1/3 TRYING2 stay on top of the Tails:
Quote from: navkat on March 02, 2012, 05:34:13 AM
    Quote from: Deepthroat Chopra on March 02, 2012, 05:21:38 AM
        Quote from: navkat on March 02, 2012, 01:29:54 AM
            Okay, so hirley0 is robot with Multiple Personality Disorder? Or...?  :?

Go with Or...? We shouldn't rush to diagnosis. The soon to be released DSM V pathologises childhood, basically. AS well a lot of adulthood.
    Oops. I didn't realize I was actually getting close to a nerve. I thought hirley was a character someone here created.

% % % %%%-----------------% %%%  %

was a character someone here HOLLYWOOD  created" = Jack Nickleson? played (Um}? the made in
"OREGON" roll in One Flew Over the CoCo's Nest IN 1975 version of 1981
OR. events Ward D. difficult to get Milli Second Li correct
due to imposed delays & other interferences to numerous to mention

The main point | difference between the movie & the FACTs IN Oregon the method used is Lethal Injection. ThaT is/WAS real. & was used in '81 4
or 5 i 4get the month | its part of the I CON E.ron tails omitted HERE?/?

Quote from: navkat on March 03, 2012, 01:50:37 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 03, 2012, 01:27:14 AM
Also, Snuggies are hilarious.
and luxurious.

navkat

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on March 03, 2012, 06:46:30 PM
Yeah, that stuffs crazy. I love the nonstick pan commercials, where some suburban mom has somehow superglued brownies into the pan YET AGAIN. The screen goes all grey and she's tosses the pain down like "Fuck brownies, I'm out!"

Commercials are hilariously overdramatic.

Everything about this tickles me.

navkat

Quote from: hirley0 on March 04, 2012, 11:33:44 AM

Go with Or...? We shouldn't rush to diagnosis. The soon to be released DSM V pathologises childhood, basically. AS well a lot of adulthood.
    Oops. I didn't realize I was actually getting close to a nerve. I thought hirley was a character someone here created.

was a character someone here HOLLYWOOD  created" = Jack Nickleson? played (Um}? the made in

The main point | difference between the movie & the FACTs IN Oregon the method used is Lethal Injection. ThaT is/WAS real. & was used in '81 4

and luxurious.

I mean, it has nothing to do with reaching the remote or an easy way to shake off the Ho-hos crumbs. I just love being enveloped in soft, warm things.

And pish tosh to the McDonald's comparison! I'm not so much of a snob that a book, a cuppa and a blanket with sleevesisn't enough for me to feel self-pampered for and evening. How about THAT for an answer to the OP: I've lost the game and should give up when I stop feeling a sense of wonderment over small things and start being a nihilist snob who doesn't get warm-fuzzies out of mankind's delightful and harmless ridiculousness. I have to turn in my Pope card when everything fun starts to look like Chicken McNuggets.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And you know what? I fucking love those goddamn little apple pies.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Quote from: Nigel on March 04, 2012, 05:43:25 PM

Then little apple pies shall become the new bunless tubesteak.

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: navkat on March 04, 2012, 05:16:13 PM
I've lost the game and should give up when I stop feeling a sense of wonderment over small things and start being a nihilist snob who doesn't get warm-fuzzies out of mankind's delightful and harmless ridiculousness. I have to turn in my Pope card when everything fun starts to look like Chicken McNuggets.

This should be on a billboard somewhere.
Cynics are hard to be around.
I mean, we're all doomed...but it's still a little funny.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

minuspace

Quote from: navkat on March 04, 2012, 05:51:01 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Faust

and luxurious.

I mean, it has nothing to do with reaching the remote or an easy way to shake off the Ho-hos crumbs. I just love being enveloped in soft, warm things.

And pish tosh to the McDonald's comparison! I'm not so much of a snob that a book, a cuppa and a blanket with sleevesisn't enough for me to feel self-pampered for and evening. How about THAT for an answer to the OP: I've lost the game and should give up when I stop feeling a sense of wonderment over small things and start being a nihilist snob who doesn't get warm-fuzzies out of mankind's delightful and harmless ridiculousness. I have to turn in my Pope card when everything fun starts to look like Chicken McNuggets.

I guess it's an american thing, snuggies are gross. Nothing beats curling up with a book a cuppa and a blanket, Certainly not wearing robes that look like wallmart has started a cult.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Just thought of something based on nav's comment...

Maybe hopeless nihilism makes a person 'not Discordian'. Not that Discordians must be optimistic or true believers or anything else... but once the world has become meaningless, hopeless and humorless to a person... maybe they're no longer Discordian.

I am thinking, particularly, of Mal-2 here, Greg Hill... the crazy bastard that started the whole thing. He ended up a sad drunk, working a 9 to 5 in a big corporation, abandoning all hope and humor. At the end, I don't think he would have called himself Discordian at all.  :sad:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

navkat

Right. I mean, everyone has their own definition of The Truth but the way The Truth presents to me, it is the embodiment of the spirit of being untouchable. We are Black Swan anomalies...but wait! before you give yourself airs, or assume contrived non-conformity, all I mean by that is that we are (supposed to be) the few who can laugh at everything: the ones who can eat the chicken nuggets, wash it down with an ice-cold glass of the Kool Aid and say "Ahhhhh! That hit the spot! I'm so disgusted in myself for enjoying that!" and giggle maniacally at our own stupidity.

We are not exempt from humanity and in FACT, once our connection to the mudane human experience is completely severed, we become nothing but pompous, transcendental aliens sneering and making fun of the "lower ranks."

Someone came up with a blanket with sleeves and that makes me giggle. Humans are funny. I'm funny. "I'll but THAT fer a dollar!" I holler.

The "Wal-mart Monk" concept isn't difficult for me to visualize. I can empathize just as much with your perception as I do with the mirthful silliness of the thing. All I'm saying is: push beyond that and find the mirth again. It's not like we're tag-eared sheep, lining up for our inoculations. Find what is genuine to you in a way that utterly disregards the choices offered, which are these: 1. subscribe 2. rebel.

If you spend your life screaming, you waste the whole damned thing with a sore throat and a sense of futility...in which case, regardless of whether or not They've won, you've lost.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on March 04, 2012, 05:51:01 PM

I am totally down with that!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on March 05, 2012, 09:44:30 AM
Just thought of something based on nav's comment...

Maybe hopeless nihilism makes a person 'not Discordian'. Not that Discordians must be optimistic or true believers or anything else... but once the world has become meaningless, hopeless and humorless to a person... maybe they're no longer Discordian.

I am thinking, particularly, of Mal-2 here, Greg Hill... the crazy bastard that started the whole thing. He ended up a sad drunk, working a 9 to 5 in a big corporation, abandoning all hope and humor. At the end, I don't think he would have called himself Discordian at all.  :sad:

Did he? Abandon all hope and humor?

I wasn't aware that anyone here knew him that well.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on March 05, 2012, 09:31:02 AM

and luxurious.

I guess it's an american thing, snuggies are gross. Nothing beats curling up with a book a cuppa and a blanket, Certainly not wearing robes that look like wallmart has started a cult.

Christ, what an asshole.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The problem I have with the premise of this whole thread is that it's pretty much the same masturbatory self-congratulating tripe as Christians determining who is and is not a "True Christian". Seriously, what is this crap? I honestly thought the crew here was, by and large, intellectually above this kind of nauseating bullshit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on March 05, 2012, 09:44:30 AM

I work a 9-5.  I have not abandoned all hope & humor.
Molon Lube