News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

The Below.

Started by EK WAFFLR, January 06, 2012, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

(If this should go in another sub forum, please move it, Oh Mighty Mods)

Part 1.

Once upon a time, I was born.
Born down Below. In the dark. For the first five years of my life I knew not what light was, and I learned to listen for food. That iron tasting fluid surging inside food was my shining beacon, and I grew able to hear it at great distance.
Raw flesh, the breakfast of Champions.

I had heard rumors about another world, a world of light.

I never paid much attention to these rumors, but I did wonder, every now and then, what this "Light" was. But it seemed to me like a whole lot of superstitious nonsense. The dark Below was the only thing we'd ever know, and I, for one, wouldn't want to have it any other way.

As you have probably guessed, there were others like me. But they were few and far between, and, quite frankly, they weren't like me that much at all. They hunted in flock. I hunted alone. They told tall tales about that other world. I liked the Below. I was one with the all-encompassing darkness. But most of all, I didn't need help in finding food. When food came close enough, my mind started throbbing like a particularly severe migraine.

It's funny, then, that I should be the one to find that place.
The place where the light takes us.
It frightened me, scarred me, birthed me anew, so to speak.

.And the world changed. It was ugly. Bright and ugly and distracting me from the ebb and tide of the blood.  I would soon find out that the blood is red in color.
I found myself exposed, with few places to hide.
For quite some time, I was like a deer caught in the headlights of a truck. I did not know what to do, where to go, or even how to act.
I didn't have to act before. Now I had to hide in plain sight.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Dildo Argentino

Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

EK WAFFLR

I will post the next instalment tomorrow, unless I fall asleep again.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

Part 2.

I tried to blend in. Really, I did. I wore plainclothes, so to speak.
It seemed to work remarkably well. But something was missing.
Something had changed within me, and I did not like it one bit. It disturbed deeply, and for the longest time I tried to ignore it completely.
It kept gnawing at me, however, and like Ratatosk it insulted me incessantly in a deeply spiteful voice that spunded very much like my own. (around this time, I found out that I actually HAVE a voice, but that's another story.)

My instinctual reaction was, when I didn't manage to ignore the voice, to hurl insults back, in a futile attemt to silence it.
I feel like I was stuck in a two way game of solitaire.

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

The third and final beast(ly writing) will come tomorrow. Unless I fall asleep.

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

SOME MOTHERFUCKER STOLE MY DOCUMENT CASE CONTAINING MY NOTEBOOK! MOTHERCOCKING BASTARD SHOULD FRY IN A VAT OF USED ANAL LUBE.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 13, 2012, 06:09:01 PM
SOME MOTHERFUCKER STOLE MY DOCUMENT CASE CONTAINING MY NOTEBOOK! MOTHERCOCKING BASTARD SHOULD FRY IN A VAT OF USED ANAL LUBE.

They have thieves in Norway?   :sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2012, 06:09:37 PM
Quote from: Waffle Iron on January 13, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

They have thieves in Norway?   :sad:

Apparently we have. And I hate'em all.

[/b]

Triple Zero

They operate in the dark!

On a more serious note, for your next laptop, install: http://preyproject.com/

It's free, open source and it tracks thieves.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

EK WAFFLR

Thanks for the tip, 000!

BUt luckily for my wallet this notebook was of the paper variety.
But I had several pages of PD stuff written in it, in addition to lyrics and notes for my songs.

[/b]

Triple Zero

GREAT! In that case install it for your CURRENT LAPTOP while THERE'S STILL TIME!!
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

EK WAFFLR

[/b]

Triple Zero

Seriously, I LOVE reading stories about people that had applications, scripts or general trickery installed like this, tracking a thief with the help of a forum full of geeks (there's always a geek squad) ...

EK WAFFLR

I might have managed to write a new and unimproved installment to this series as a substitute for the one that got fucking stolen. Writing this to bump it up so I won't forget.

[/b]

EK WAFFLR

Part 3. (Written on the go as the planned installment sucked donkey balls)

I hid in the shadows of this despicable world, entering the glare of their yellow sun only when it was absolutely necessary.
But even the shadows felt too bright. And no matter where I hid, I could not help seeing other beings all the time. Ugly, stupid people. Mindless creatures, who having convinced themselves of possessing great wisdom, considered themselves rational beings, and in their infinite folly saw themselves as masters of the universe.

The longing to get back to the Darkness Below grew, and grew, and grew, yet I could not find a way back. I was stuck.

I started noticing that there were other beings in this world, who smelled more like me. I studied them, spied on them while they were hunting, stalked them when they at least mimicked the natives. I came to the conclusion that these individuals lost some of their innate Darkness as time went by, eventually making them resemble the humans in many ways.

For me, it was different. Every time I had to interact with these humans, as they called themselves, the Darkness in me grew in strength and intensity, as if I was merely a container of something Vast and inexplicable.

Did the Darkness Innate have a mind of it's own?

[/b]