News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

I think I have my noob addiction under control finally.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 06, 2012, 08:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 10, 2012, 08:57:57 PM
So the whole liberal atheist scientist gig is actually a conspiracy put together by non other than god himself? Fuck.

How did we never figure this out before?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

navkat

I want to be Enable. FUCK, why don't I have any ass or titty pics on this thing anymore?

WonkaVision is what we chiefly need.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 10, 2012, 09:04:48 PM
I want to be Enable.

It is easy to be Nurse Enabler.

You already have the physical attributes.  Now you just have to find a guy that wants 'em enough to behave himself.  And when he stops behaving, he stops getting them.  If he keeps getting them no matter what he does, then you're not Enabler, you're a doormat.

Guys are manageable only with positive & negative feedback.  We don't actually LEARN or develop good habits or anything, and if we think we get the carrot no matter what, who gives a fuck about the stick?

This is such a simple & obvious concept that I can't believe that it isn't common knowledge.  And if it works on me, a man notoriously hard to live with, then it can work on damn near anyone.

I've even learned to put the toilet seat down and not fart in restaurants.

ETA:  Well, not "learned".  But I have observed that if I do put the toilet seat down, etc, I get more of that sweet lovin'.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 09:09:30 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 10, 2012, 09:04:48 PM
I want to be Enable.

I've even learned to put the toilet seat down and not fart in restaurants.
I haven't even learned those things.

The Good Reverend Roger

navkat

Whatever, d00d. How do you keep the smelly, green air from coming out of the balloon-knot?

What's more, how do you avoid the temptation of offering to let people inhale the air to see if it makes them talk funny?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 10, 2012, 09:22:25 PM
Whatever, d00d. How do you keep the smelly, green air from coming out of the balloon-knot?

What's more, how do you avoid the temptation of offering to let people inhale the air to see if it makes them talk funny?

Actually, I go by the bus-boy station and outgas like a mad bastard.  Bus boys aren't like waiters.  They never touch your food so you can make 'em as mad as you like.

And yeah, it makes them talk all funny.  Specifically, hilarious death threats.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Dude, you're addicted, you should go to some of RWHN's group discussions  :wink: (j/k)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 08:55:42 PM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 10, 2012, 08:53:55 PM
Maybe move or expand is a better word than travel. Either way it doesnt negate the premise that this is all a joke of some sort.

I don't buy it.  I think the astrophysicists are in on the joke.  I mean, who wants to be the chump that busts out God's gag?  Ho ho!  Last time that happened, someone got turned into a pillar of salt, against a backdrop of the mushroom clouds over Sodom & Gammorah.

Bump.

Hey Rog, I got something that's going to send you on a rampage.

I'm watching this thing with Stephen Hawking on it and he says that the first 100 hundred seconds after the Big Bang, the Universe had expanded from smaller than an atom to the size of the solar system. Now, I know that the actual size of the solar system depends on where you define its boundaries. But, I happen to know that Pluto orbits about 5 light hours away from the sun.

This means, of course, that in less than two minutes, all the stuff in the universe had traveled out at least the distance it would take light a whole morning to do.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 02, 2012, 01:51:35 AM
Maybe move or expand is a better word than travel. Either way it doesnt negate the premise that this is all a joke of some sort.

I don't buy it.  I think the astrophysicists are in on the joke.  I mean, who wants to be the chump that busts out God's gag?  Ho ho!  Last time that happened, someone got turned into a pillar of salt, against a backdrop of the mushroom clouds over Sodom & Gammorah.

Bump.

I'm watching this thing with Stephen Hawking on it and he says that the first 100 hundred seconds after the Big Bang, the Universe had expanded from smaller than an atom to the size of the solar system. Now, I know that the actual size of the solar system depends on where you define its boundaries. But, I happen to know that Pluto orbits about 5 light hours away from the sun.

This means, of course, that in less than two minutes, all the stuff in the universe had traveled out at least the distance it would take light a whole morning to do.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure at which point the "gosh" numbers were established, so the speed of light may not have been an issue.

Also, did the universe consist of more than one discreet particle in that 2 seconds?  Because if it didn't, Mach's Principle doesn't apply, so the expansion is unbounded.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 02, 2012, 02:03:47 AM
Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 02, 2012, 01:51:35 AM

Bump.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure at which point the "gosh" numbers were established, so the speed of light may not have been an issue.

Also, did the universe consist of more than one discreet particle in that 2 seconds?  Because if it didn't, Mach's Principle doesn't apply, so the expansion is unbounded.

I don't know. Prof. Hawking didn't tell me that bit. But I think at that point particles had formed. Will look into it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Both hadrons and leptons formed within the first 10 seconds. Hadrons within the first second. So, discrete particles existed at that point.

Jasper

Everyone knows astrophysicists spout the goofiest bullshit they can dream up.  And their ringleader is a grinning cadaver in a talking chair. 

The worst part is that reality is on their side.  It is appropriate to feel very out of place in the universe because of this.