News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Snore, ung, snore, WHAT THE FUCK?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 07, 2012, 04:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

JUST SAY IT: THE LIBERTARIANS WERE RIGHT.

For my next trick: Chemtrails are a consyruppy for the Farm Bill and Monsanto corp is poisoning the water with something called "fluoride."

Who all wants to chip in on a defunct weapons silo in NM?

The Good Reverend Roger

What the hell?

Okay, thread's all yours.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

navkat

I liked the version in my head better where you argued with me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 09, 2012, 07:38:36 PM
I liked the version in my head better where you argued with me.

Well, you've already stated that you don't want to hear me jabber, so I figured it was best just to move on. 

navkat

I stated that I wanted you to shut up.

But don't you go changin a thing for me, schweethaht."

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 09, 2012, 06:59:11 PM
Quote from: Penumbral on January 09, 2012, 06:55:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 08, 2012, 12:49:47 PM
Nihilism doesn't become you.

I fucking hate it when people say that shit.

Then what the hell kind of nihilist ARE you?

The Dude: Well, they finally did it. They killed my fucking car.
Nihilist: Ve vant ze money, Lebowski.
Nihilist #2: Ja, uzzervize ve kill ze girl.
Nihilist #3: Ja, it seems you have forgotten our little deal, Lebowski.
The Dude: You don't HAVE the fucking girl, dipshits! We know you never did!
[the Nihilists, stunned, confer amongst themselves in German]
Donny: Are these the Nazis, Walter?
Walter Sobchak: No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.
Nihilist: Ve don't care. Ve still vant ze money, Lebowski, or ve fuck you up.
Walter Sobchak: Fuck you. Fuck the three of you.
The Dude: Hey, cool it Walter.
Walter Sobchak: No, without a hostage, there is no ransom. That's what ransom is. Those are the fucking rules.
Nihilist #2: His girlfriend gave up her toe!
Nihilist #3: She though we'd be getting million dollars!
Nihilist #2: Iss not fair!
Walter Sobchak: Fair! WHO'S THE FUCKING NIHILIST HERE!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Your message has been sent to the White House.

Expect absolutely nothing to happen.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 09, 2012, 07:50:51 PM
I stated that I wanted you to shut up.

But don't you go changin a thing for me, schweethaht."

BUT I CAINT

President Television

For what it's worth, I'm in pretty much exactly the same boat as Penumbral. The only difference between Penumbral and I is that I'm not about to even begin to pretend that I'm having fun with it.
I'd like to make a difference, but every way seems like a dead end. It's like the bumper sticker says: "If you stand for anything, you'll fall for something."
I don't want to give up, but I don't see any other options. I feel like each and every action amounts to banging my head on a wall. This isn't Slack. But what is?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Penumbral

I never claimed to be a nihilist. You called me that. I just think it is dumb to look down on nihilists for not believing in anything when it seems like only people who believe in things are causing the problems.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Penumbral on January 10, 2012, 02:19:36 AM

I never claimed to be a nihilist. You called me that. I just think it is dumb to look down on nihilists for not believing in anything when it seems like only people who believe in things are causing the problems.

Because the fuckers that don't believe in anything stand aside.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on January 10, 2012, 12:28:00 AM
For what it's worth, I'm in pretty much exactly the same boat as Penumbral. The only difference between Penumbral and I is that I'm not about to even begin to pretend that I'm having fun with it.
I'd like to make a difference, but every way seems like a dead end. It's like the bumper sticker says: "If you stand for anything, you'll fall for something."
I don't want to give up, but I don't see any other options. I feel like each and every action amounts to banging my head on a wall. This isn't Slack. But what is?

For whom?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on January 08, 2012, 09:42:40 PM
over half the population of the earth live in cities, though mostly not cities in the european sense

I don't understand this. What does it mean? What is a "city in the European sense"?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2012, 02:43:46 AM
Quote from: Uncle Wallified on January 10, 2012, 12:28:00 AM

For whom?

I dunno.  I think I've mostly just been letting some things get under my skin that I shouldn't have been. I'll figure it out for myself.
It's been bugging me, though, that for as long as I can remember I've only ever been able to take things seriously. Obviously, this isn't a trait that I'm fond of. Otherwise, I wouldn't be hanging around this forum. I think I have a lot of personal angst rooted in that, and it's been dragging me down for far too long.

I'll leave it at that. A support group this is not, nor should it be. I don't intend to infect anyone with my particular brand of negativism.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.