Tonight, this board reminds me of the Nashville bus station.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 07, 2012, 06:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Weird people wander in, leer at you a bit, and then wander away, without saying a word.

Well, it's ALMOST like the Nashville bus station.  If one of you mugs me in the bathroom while I'm taking a piss, then it will be spot on.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

fuck you

^You don't get mugged, but you see this on the stall door.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 07, 2012, 06:23:28 AM
fuck you

Yeah, there's always some sparkling wit that thinks that is required on every flat surface.

Been talking to - or trying to talk to - a few people here tonight, but they just wander away without answering, after looking at my post.

Building up a whole lot of hate tonight.  Haven't done that in a while.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2012, 06:25:16 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 07, 2012, 06:23:28 AM
fuck you

Yeah, there's always some sparkling wit that thinks that is required on every flat surface.

Been talking to - or trying to talk to - a few people here tonight, but they just wander away without answering, after looking at my post.

Building up a whole lot of hate tonight.  Haven't done that in a while.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  It's like KILL A MOTHERFUCKER, but there are no motherfuckers to be had.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Funny, earlier tonight one of my friends said that the bus was like the internet, or that the internet was like a bus.

The interbus.

Explains the smell, at least.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2012, 06:42:40 AM
Funny, earlier tonight one of my friends said that the bus was like the internet, or that the internet was like a bus.

The interbus.

And the horrid stains with which you can divine the future.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2012, 06:43:14 AM

The interbus.

As well as the pointless shouting matches.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2012, 06:45:19 AM

The interbus.

Yeah, but I was the only one here, so even those kinda sucked.   :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 07, 2012, 06:47:16 AM
Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2012, 06:45:19 AM

The interbus.

Yeah, but I was the only one here, so even those kinda sucked.   :lol:

I hate this board on Friday nights, normally. This is the most fun it's been on a Friday night in months.

Don Coyote

I got drug to some bar/arcade/OMGSOMANYHIPSTERS!!!!!!!!!, but I was wearing my hipster camouflage. Next time I shall do SCIENCE! to them.

notathing

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 07, 2012, 01:33:10 PM
I got drug to some bar/arcade/OMGSOMANYHIPSTERS!!!!!!!!!, but I was wearing my hipster camouflage. Next time I shall do SCIENCE! to them.

wow thank you for adding this new phrase to my lexicon.

i better dress real hip and use it to get some lulz before it's not cool anymore  :lulz:

Don Coyote

Quote from: LCS on January 08, 2012, 07:42:07 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on January 07, 2012, 01:33:10 PM

wow thank you for adding this new phrase to my lexicon.

i better dress real hip and use it to get some lulz before it's not cool anymore  :lulz:

No, that beauty of it. You can continue to wear it after it's hip because of Irony, or you can just do what I did, stalk, trap and gut a hipster.

notathing

how insidious! they will never suspect it until it's too late.   :evil:

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, about that.  So I'm still sitting in the bus station, and half of the other people are talking into their bloo-tuths or playing on their smrt phones, and the other half are avoiding eye contact.  Can't blame them, really...It just isn't done to talk to strangers or do anything other than be srsly srs about whatever it is they're doing or wherever it is they're going.

It's the most crowded lonely place I've ever seen.  I mean, these people are all stone freaks, and they look like they'd be fun as hell to party with, but they've all become trapped in their own individual little bus stations, and they're waiting.  Waiting for just the right thing.  Waiting for just the right topic.  Waiting for something witty or profound to say, instead of just, "Hello", or "This vending machine coffee is utter SHIT, isn't it?"

But they don't, and pretty soon they start looking all weird.  They don't have faces, anymore.  Well, there's the memory of a face sort of superimposed over their feeding tubes, but it's not a proper face.  It's just the test-blank from the factory.  And they sit there with their blank faces, just sitting there quietly. 

It would be tolerable if my bus would ever arrive, but it won't. 

And so I wait.