News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Official D&D 5E Announcement

Started by Telarus, January 09, 2012, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the announced D&D 5th Edition (SURPRISE!)?

WHAT? I NEED IT NOW!
2 (11.1%)
Ummm... don't I already have 4E, Pathfinder, and nonD&D games to play?
7 (38.9%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Double Meh.
4 (22.2%)
Fnord.
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Don Coyote on January 11, 2012, 08:07:30 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 11, 2012, 08:04:14 PM
Sounds like you have some Bad Players (serious idiots) in your group.  Your druid should do something about that.
Like eat them.

Oh if the Monk does anything that stupid again I'm going to pounce on him in my six legged tiger form and hold his throat between my teeth.  :lol:  As a group we have a good team, really, and are usually quite loyal to each other because of the whole escaping slavery and death origin. Druids are incredibly rare in Dark Sun, mind, and I don't think they have quite gotten over the first time I shapeshifted. Or the fact that my Predator druid has collected some seriously odd stuff from the hostile monsters that have attacked us as stuff to build my own totem. But she has a thing about not attacking creatures that didn't start the fight. By Tooth And Claw survivor, for sure, killing to survive or hunt is fine, CHAINED BIRDIES ARE NOT.

As a group, most of our adventures are in service to people who want to fuck us over. We have done some shitty things just to survive, as befits a desert setting. We once butchered a man and his son just to steal their water in the desert.  We figured it was better than letting them die though dehydration. As a character Katza is pretty essential to helping the rest survive in the desert. Everyone in the party is kinda scared of me, except the half-giant fighter.

Freeky

Yeah, you should eat their faces, so they get the point.  You have to be firm with these degenerates.

Cramulus

I love it when they draw Monte Cook and Mike Mearls

ETA:
the joke on Monte's shirt - might be too small to read - Monte writes a column called "save my game. In this comic, his shirt reads:

Monte
[ ] saved [ ] ruined
          my game

Cramulus

#dnd 5E Rumors: Because the DMG2 for each system has been more popular, 5E will skip the DMG completely and start with the DMG2.

#dnd 5E Rumors: To speed character generation and minimize need for rules mastery, PHB will consist entirely of 315 pregenerated characters.

#dnd 5E Rumors: Monster groups will scale up or down for every 0.2 additional players.

#dnd 5E Rumors: After intense statistical analysis of gaming demographics, the game will expect (and run best for) one DM and 3.7 players.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 13, 2012, 12:21:38 AM
#dnd 5E Rumors: Because the DMG2 for each system has been more popular, 5E will skip the DMG completely and start with the DMG2.

#dnd 5E Rumors: To speed character generation and minimize need for rules mastery, PHB will consist entirely of 315 pregenerated characters.

#dnd 5E Rumors: Monster groups will scale up or down for every 0.2 additional players.

#dnd 5E Rumors: After intense statistical analysis of gaming demographics, the game will expect (and run best for) one DM and 3.7 players.

:lol:

My buddy that runs the gameshop (Hat), Frank the Bastard, and I will be doing a short series of podcasts on the apparent intentional suicide of WOTC, Paizo, and Kenzer & Co.

If you guys want, I'll link to them.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2012, 12:26:58 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 13, 2012, 12:21:38 AM

:lol:

My buddy that runs the gameshop (Hat), Frank the Bastard, and I will be doing a short series of podcasts on the apparent intentional suicide of WOTC, Paizo, and Kenzer & Co.

If you guys want, I'll link to them.

YES!!!!

Cramulus

((attrib: those #dnd rumors were from TheAngryDM btw))

QuoteIf you guys want, I'll link to them.

hellllll yes

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 13, 2012, 12:51:09 AM

hellllll yes

We're getting our predictions in now so we can gloat later.

Personally, I have enough Pathfinder stuff to last me forever, so I'm good.  Also, we will be reviewing some of the recent stinkers (Pathfinder Bestiary 3, for example, which sucked more than I can really explain in text).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 13, 2012, 12:53:18 AM

hellllll yes

Personally, I have enough Pathfinder stuff to last me forever, so I'm good.  Also, we will be reviewing some of the recent stinkers (Pathfinder Bestiary 3, for example, which sucked more than I can really explain in text).

The presence of a Spider-Man villain on the cover really doesn't bode well.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

Quote from: Uncle Wallified on January 13, 2012, 04:47:26 AM

hellllll yes

What?  Who?

Cain

I predict that a truly awful computer game will be made to try and promote D&D 5E.

Obviously, this wont be released until at least a year after the rule decisions are finally made.  However, I predict it will be terrible, cliched, inconsistent in its rules and subpar in its graphics, and will do even more to turn people off the 5E than what actually happens between now and then.

President Television

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on January 13, 2012, 04:55:23 AM
Quote from: Uncle Wallified on January 13, 2012, 04:47:26 AM

hellllll yes

What?  Who?

Check it out:

Coincidence? :fnord:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on January 13, 2012, 06:43:59 AM
I predict that a truly awful computer game will be made to try and promote D&D 5E.

Probably true! But luckily, WotC has jettisoned Atari, which couldn't seem to do anything good with the license. I wonder who they'll get next?