News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Official D&D 5E Announcement

Started by Telarus, January 09, 2012, 03:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you feel about the announced D&D 5th Edition (SURPRISE!)?

WHAT? I NEED IT NOW!
2 (11.1%)
Ummm... don't I already have 4E, Pathfinder, and nonD&D games to play?
7 (38.9%)
Meh.
0 (0%)
Double Meh.
4 (22.2%)
Fnord.
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pergamos

The nice thing about pathfinder 1 is that it's open source, so while Paizo may not be supporting it any longer anyone else is welcome to do so.

I really enjoyed GURPS with figs withHowl and his gaming crew. (Spotted his comment about it being best without them)

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 25, 2018, 03:36:14 AM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd Pathfinder 2.0 - which they SWORE would never happen - hits next month.  It is different enough that the two full size bookshelves of Pathfinder I have are not compatible.

In thst case screw them.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cramulus

I've never played Pathfinder, but I understand it to be rooted in D&D 3.5

What are the new bells & whistles in the new pathfinder? How does it compare to D&D 5?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on September 04, 2018, 05:52:40 PM
I've never played Pathfinder, but I understand it to be rooted in D&D 3.5

What are the new bells & whistles in the new pathfinder? How does it compare to D&D 5?

It doesn't.  It's Pathfinder 1 with all the complexity stripped out to add new and different complexity.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Doktor Howl

So, I walked into Barnes & Nobel bookstore last weekend, and the gaming section contained a bunch of paperbacks for Pathfinder 1E, a single book for Pathfinder 2E, and NO D&D at all.  Not one book, in any edition. Prior to 5th, there was a metric shit ton of material, then 5th started out okay, but strangled themselves with gigantic hardcover adventures.

I am thinking the original franchise should be declared dead.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Molon Lube

Cain

Descent into Avernus should have been released a month or two ago. But they are taking a very relaxed publishing schedule, yeah.

Cramulus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 01, 2019, 07:57:37 PM
So, I walked into Barnes & Nobel bookstore last weekend, and the gaming section contained a bunch of paperbacks for Pathfinder 1E, a single book for Pathfinder 2E, and NO D&D at all.  Not one book, in any edition. Prior to 5th, there was a metric shit ton of material, then 5th started out okay, but strangled themselves with gigantic hardcover adventures.

I am thinking the original franchise should be declared dead.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Dead? it's still doing better than it ever has.

Barnes and Nobel is hit or miss on carrying RPG stuff, it seems kinda regional I think.

Don Coyote

Mass market brick and mortar stores are the only true metric of success

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 02, 2019, 04:50:56 PM
Mass market brick and mortar stores are the only true metric of success

Yes.  Your modern world is made of dildos and fail.

IT'S STILL 1979 HERE.
Molon Lube

altered

It's still 1979 everywhere, we just added a bunch of unnecessary garbage to it.

Proof: the first Alien movie is still the best one. 50s chic is still a fucking thing somehow. Despite having cellphones, you still can't get a hold of anyone unless they're home. Russia is still our enemy and still causing trouble in the Middle East.

Really, the main difference is that everything is worse, faster and more idiotic.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bu🤠ns

I'm pretty surprised D&D books were gone. I can only assume tehy were sold out--the one by our place has a good balance of both. But, if sold out, it means they paid Barnes and Noble prices...which...sorry, fucker.

Don Coyote

FUNKO POPS have V O R E D so much "nerd/geek" space in retailers.

altered

If I go into another comic book or gaming store and get greeted with a wall of funko pops I might start shitting right then and there, on the carpet
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

I had to google that.

My life is not improved.
Molon Lube