PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

hello

Started by Dildo Argentino, January 05, 2012, 08:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: holist on January 06, 2012, 04:40:29 PM

three: i do want to see how this capitalisation-punctuation thing pans out

Meh, you seem to lack the one trait that makes lack of punctuation genuinely annoying. Which is -  not being able to coherently structure or finish a thought.

You just seem to use line breaks instead of periods. Which unfortunately, is inappropriate camouflage (in some sense) around here. Good thing we look past the surface 'round here.

Hail Eris. Welcome to the Chaos.

Sticking Apart is much more fun when we do it Together, eh?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Phoxero on January 06, 2012, 07:24:00 AM
3) As a Doktor, I assure you that no authority exists that can ban "just saying". Just sayin'.

As this site's admin, I say give me 10 minutes and a good text editor and we'll see about that, just sayin!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: holist on January 06, 2012, 08:20:13 AMi did not miss the point: homeopathy is the new irishman (or as we would say in the hereabouts, the new policeman) - cheap jokes are on because it deserves it

i realise that, and i object - both homeopathy and humour deserve better

Are you perhaps conflating homeopathy and natural medicine?

Because to Americans, homeopathy basically means "some substance, diluted several zillion times in water and sometimes alcohol, possibly some vitamins added, then sold as alternative medicine". Which, any reasonable mind can conclude, will only work because of placebo possibly vitamins.

Over here (the Netherlands), homeopathy also includes natural medicine, such as Echinacae (sp?), Valerian root and other such plant extracts. The medicinal value of those isn't always completely scientifically proven (yet) but it's a lot less dubious than diluting a substance to the point there's no statistically significant probability that there's even a single molecule left, and then claiming "water has memory".

Just FYI before you start defending homeopathy to people with a very different interpretation of the term :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Phoxero on January 06, 2012, 08:50:37 AM
((For those keeping count at home (Luna and 000) , that's two in a row.))

No idea what you're referring to here??

Phox

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 08, 2012, 05:24:56 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phoxero on January 06, 2012, 07:24:00 AM
3) As a Doktor, I assure you that no authority exists that can ban "just saying". Just sayin'.

As this site's admin, I say give me 10 minutes and a good text editor and we'll see about that, just sayin!
Mr. 0, I will direct you to this comment.
Quote from: Doktor Phoxero on January 05, 2012, 08:37:56 PM
Third, anyone with the title of "Doktor" is not to be trusted under any circumstances. Phox is a particularly untrustworthy sort, and has been known to lead well-meaning newbies astray. Don't listen to her.

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 08, 2012, 05:35:52 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phoxero on January 06, 2012, 08:50:37 AM
((For those keeping count at home (Luna and 000) , that's two in a row.))

No idea what you're referring to here??
Oh, just the fact that I am being nicer to newbs than i am known for being. And at this point, we've established that Holist is a decent sort and worth talking to. So don't worry about it.  :lol:

Triple Zero

Quote from: hirley0 on January 06, 2012, 10:00:43 AM
Oh Ok when was that maybe i missed it?
its hard for me to comprehend that i
actually read 60 posts in an hour
i do wish Hello 1 well if Hu is correct /-/

forgot to add the ORange color Sorry 2:02

That's okay man, I love orange personally, so I compliment your attention to detail! ;-) Hey that makes me wonder, I'm going to be adding back some of the old features I put on the previous version of the board (SMF 1.5.something), which includes the extra fonts I added to the stylesheet to use in posts. Since you like colours so much, got any particular wishes for formatting options or perhaps a special font for you to use?

Also, yes the new polar bear holistic guy is from .hu/Hungary.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 08, 2012, 05:33:27 PM
Quote from: holist on January 06, 2012, 08:20:13 AMi did not miss the point: homeopathy is the new irishman (or as we would say in the hereabouts, the new policeman) - cheap jokes are on because it deserves it

What would "unnatural" medicine include?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Roger: I dunno, ask Nigel she seems to know a lot more about natural medicine than I do.

And Holist, cool, I'm curious.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 08, 2012, 06:09:48 PM

OH I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

TRUST ME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 08, 2012, 06:36:01 PM

OH I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

TRUST ME.

Aw, shit.

I better slap another maxipad on the dog.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

navkat

Hollis! Welcome! Can I call ya Hollis?

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ILDFp5DGA

2. We don't believe in magic here, that includes magical waters...unless you're trying to get knackered off of 000 or P3nt4gr4m's urine!

3. Choose your hell: would you like Sartre? Kafka? I personally prefer Alighieri, myself: Multi-levels, a different DJ on each deck...Ever been to Pacha in NYC? It's like that. Just stay out of the Seventh...Dubstep...murder on the ears.

4. We generally don't like to hail Eris around here...bitch shows up when she feels like it, rarely when hailed. Dog, knows, we have enough troubles with Roger without asking for more of her bullshit.

5. I call shennanigans. That pic of you is totally photoshopped. No one, I mean no one looks that good with no makeup and just a fur coat...unless...

Hunter? Is that you?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 09, 2012, 02:13:42 AM

OH I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

TRUST ME.

Aw, shit.

:lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 10, 2012, 12:09:22 AM

OH I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

TRUST ME.

Aw, shit.

The horror you inspired in me made me bump into an unstable looking gentleman in a grocery checkout line. He in turn cut someone off in the parking lot because he was thinking about what a jerk I was.  The person he cut off got pissed at him and tried to follow him out of the parking lot to give him a piece of his mind. 

He, of course didn't see Bubba Joe Jim-Bob in his shiny 4X4 and ran right into him.  Bubba wasn't gonna stand for that and pumped two rounds from his shotgun into the gimp that  scratched his truck. The Cops showed up to take down Bubba. After riddling Bubba full of holes, all of Bubbas kin came crawling out of Morana to wreak havoc on the Tucson police.

This got the State's National Guard in on it, as well as the states local gun nut/conspiracy theorist/militia types. This war expanded to include the Army and Marines. Our weakened defense posture from internal strife gave the Chinese and some Middle-Eastern terrorists the idea that the US is falling.

They launched strikes against the US who retaliated in kind with much better nukes, and everyone died.

I hope you're happy.

I know I am.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 05:47:42 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 10, 2012, 12:09:22 AM

OH I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

TRUST ME.

Aw, shit.

The horror you inspired in me made me bump into an unstable looking gentleman in a grocery checkout line. He in turn cut someone off in the parking lot because he was thinking about what a jerk I was.  The person he cut off got pissed at him and tried to follow him out of the parking lot to give him a piece of his mind. 

He, of course didn't see Bubba Joe Jim-Bob in his shiny 4X4 and ran right into him.  Bubba wasn't gonna stand for that and pumped two rounds from his shotgun into the gimp that  scratched his truck. The Cops showed up to take down Bubba. After riddling Bubba full of holes, all of Bubbas kin came crawling out of Morana to wreak havoc on the Tucson police.

This got the State's National Guard in on it, as well as the states local gun nut/conspiracy theorist/militia types. This war expanded to include the Army and Marines. Our weakened defense posture from internal strife gave the Chinese and some Middle-Eastern terrorists the idea that the US is falling.

They launched strikes against the US who retaliated in kind with much better nukes, and everyone died.

I hope you're happy.

I know I am.

Oh yay! My day is complete. :)