News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Uncomfortable Topics: Uncomfortable Topics.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 11, 2012, 06:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I was just bouncing around, and it occurred to me that we haven't had enough chatter about drugs.  Nor have we talked about Libertarianism enough, and we REALLY need to talk about Magickkkk/homeopathy/magickle potions more. 

Just leaving this here, you know, and leaving.  Well, not really.  I expect 50 pages of what could have essentially been cut & pasted from a hundred preceding threads.

In fact, I bet Faust and Trip could gin up some kind of bot that would randomly populate the thread with posts from old threads, thus allowing us to have the same old fucking shout-past-each-other conversations, without the need for typing it all out again.

You may now begin rehashing.  Forever.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

We also need more threads about how no one posts here anymore.  :lulz:

(Come on 50 pages!!)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on January 11, 2012, 07:05:04 PM

(Come on 50 pages!!)

Sorry, I didn't mean to wound your Holy Guardian Angel.  I thought those fuckers were bullet proof.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 07:06:40 PM

(Come on 50 pages!!)

Sorry, I didn't mean to wound your Holy Guardian Angel.  I thought those fuckers were bullet proof.

Nah, they just have really good bulletproof vests... those wings work just like batman's cape.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on January 11, 2012, 07:08:27 PM

(Come on 50 pages!!)

Nah, they just have really good bulletproof vests... those wings work just like batman's cape.

Maybe if you wanked over a sigil or two.

LMNO

I wanked over the gold standard.  for FREEDOM.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 07:09:24 PM

(Come on 50 pages!!)

Nah, you have to use a gun with an evil aura (+3) and bullets that are packed with sulfur.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on January 11, 2012, 07:13:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 07:09:24 PM

(Come on 50 pages!!)

Nah, you have to use a gun with an evil aura (+3) and bullets that are packed with sulfur.

See, now you're talking about role playing games, and here I was talking about your belief system.

That was very rude of you, Rat.

navkat

Jesus fuck, you're impossible to please. Get some fucking Midol, wouldja?

AFK

Just as a heads up, there's a big snow storm blowing into the NorthEast tonight.  ;)
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Rat seems to be busy casting a circle or something.

Oh, well.

Anyway, what I find FASCINATING is that RWHN basically lift ideas off of Nigel twice in one week, in an obvious - and successful - bid to piss her off so she'll stop posting, and NOBODY SAYS A WORD.  I imagine he couldn't believe his luck when the usual suspects lined right up to shout past each other AGAIN, especially since all he did was rip off her title and then leave a link with a deliberate no comment.

Two trolls for the price of one.  My hat is off to you, RWHN.  Well done.  You might be a fucking passive-aggressive jackass that would wither up and die if someone put salt on your back, but at least you're highly skilled at it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 11, 2012, 07:26:41 PM

Right, then.

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 07:30:17 PM
Rat seems to be busy casting a circle or something.

Oh, well.

Anyway, what I find FASCINATING is that RWHN basically lift ideas off of Nigel twice in one week, in an obvious - and successful - bid to piss her off so she'll stop posting, and NOBODY SAYS A WORD.  I imagine he couldn't believe his luck when the usual suspects lined right up to shout past each other AGAIN, especially since all he did was rip off her title and then leave a link with a deliberate no comment.

Two trolls for the price of one.  My hat is off to you, RWHN.  Well done.  You might be a fucking passive-aggressive jackass that would wither up and die if someone put salt on your back, but at least you're highly skilled at it.

Seemed to be a pretty civil discussion to me, despite not being in full agreement.

And I don't know what you are referring to with the ripping off of Nigel.  Well, I know what one of them was, but that seemed to be a conclusion that only you and Nigel came to.  I really don't know what you are talking about with the other one, whatever the other one is. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I didn't think it was a ripoff, I just assumed it was a new trend to encourage more discussion on PD.. since discussion was so vocally missed recently. That's why I bothered to get back into it. I also thought it was civil, which is why I stopped posting in it. I read through a comment I was about to post, realized it wasn't civil so I bowed out.

Hell, I was thinking a whole sub-forum for uncomfortable topics would be a good content generating addition.

Nigel should start trademarking her threads.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 07:30:39 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 11, 2012, 07:26:41 PM

Right, then.

Dammit. I only meant to say if you want the monkeys to dance faster, you're going to have to throw more popcorn at us.