News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Uncomfortable Topics: Uncomfortable Topics.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 11, 2012, 06:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2012, 07:49:47 PM
Quote from: RWHN on January 11, 2012, 07:49:29 PM
If someone wants to clue me into which thread I "stole" from her I would appreciate it.  I'm a bit lost here.

Of course you are.

ETA:  I mean, you were just looking at the first one.

Sure, I remember a general discussion about more mirth, less horror.  So, a story popped into my head and I shared it.  A story in a structure that I've used before in the PD subforum.  And I would tend to think that my posting style would make it obvious that I tend to tip more to the mirth end of the scale anyway.  I mean, the pun guy, posting a story about playing games.  I didn't steal anything from anyone. 

QuoteThen there's the drug thread.  Tell me how this wasn't intended to piss Nigel off.  Go on, fucking tell me.

Here's the thing Roger.  I work in this field called substance abuse prevention.  So, I talk about it.  Just like others on this board start thread on topics related to their fields of work/study/interest.  That op-ed came across my desk, I thought it was interesting, so I posted it.  I think your paranoia is in overdrive today. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Phox

Oh please. Do we really have to go over the same fucking thing every month? RWHN, I gotta say, you're either trolling or an idiot.

You start drug threads in probably the most cowardly way imaginable ("Posted without comment"/"I'll just leave this here"). You repeat the same tired arguments ad infinitum, and let it degenerate into the same shitfest that happened the last time. And let's be clear, I am completely apathetic on the drug issue. Tomorrow, they could legalize cyanide for recreational use or make possession of a single molecule of pot a class X, and I would be equally uncaring. So, I don't have any beef with you based on your position in that argument. The fact that you never bring anything new, and seem to knowingly start it up again, on the other hand....

As far as the Nigel thing, whether or not you're taking deliberate shots at her or not, you seem incapable of manning the fuck up and saying. "Sorry, look, I didn't mean it like that..." You seem to always make a sarcastic, defensive post then let it go wherever it will. Classy, that.

I also notice that your grudge against Nigel for questioning your credentials doesn't seem to extend to ECH, who last I checked, still publicly denies them. Granted, I only say this because you seem to keep having spats that involve Nigel, while seemingly getting on with ECH. It could be that it's a misunderstanding on my part, but at this point, that's a bit hard for me to accept with no additional evidence that it's the case.

East Coast Hustle

It's because of my overwhelming "bad boy" charisma. Makes the squares all weak in the knees when they get a dose. :ECH:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

navkat

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 11, 2012, 08:26:01 PM
It's because of my overwhelming "bad boy" charisma. Makes the squares all weak in the knees when they get a dose. :ECH:

Especially when that dose is diluted in a gallon of Poland Springs.

Phox

Certainly no argument there.  :lulz:

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: navkat on January 11, 2012, 08:29:19 PM

Especially when that dose is diluted in a gallon of Poland Springs.

:spittake:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on January 11, 2012, 07:55:31 PM
I think we should bring back alchemy...you know, 50 pages of discussion about whether or not we can make gold in a coffee machine with the stuff under the sink.

Also, gumbo filé: precursor to precursor to synthesize MDMA? Or just a gluey food additive?

WE MUST ANSWER THESE ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS.

While alchemy as it exists today is reduced to nothing more than a form of occultism (aka "magick"), its origins actually are in science; it is the direct ancestor of chemistry and the mother of the table of elements.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

IF IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE THIRTEENTH CENTURY, IT'S GOOD ENOUGH NOW.

navkat

You are not making this conducive to a 50-page discussion with all your FACTS, Nigel.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RWHN on January 11, 2012, 08:08:19 PM
Here's the thing Roger.  I work in this field called substance abuse prevention.  So, I talk about it.  Just like others on this board start thread on topics related to their fields of work/study/interest.  That op-ed came across my desk, I thought it was interesting, so I posted it.  I think your paranoia is in overdrive today.

It's only paranoia if nobody's out to get you.

Now, let me just puke this out, and I'm gonna let the subject - and the vitriol - drop.

I don't believe you are a troll or an idiot, as someone said above.  For years, I got all happy in my pance when I saw a new thread from you.  "In the end, he had to be wheeled out" is in my opinion in the top 5 things ever posted on this board in its entire history.

This, however, has been replaced by repetitive arguments in which neither you nor the other members will budge.  If nobody has in three threads, they aren't going to now.  Add to that the beginning of the last two threads..."I'll just leave this here", and the obvious animosity with Nigel, and you can't call it anything BUT trolling.

Again, I don't consider you an idiot or a troll, but what I DO think is that right now you are trolling idiotically - notice the subtle difference.  It's not what you ARE, it's what you're fucking DOING. 

What's pissing me the fuck off is that you are capable of amazing fucking writing and conversation, and you're diddling around with rehashed bullshit, and needling at least one of your fellow freaks.  You are a SUPERIOR MUTANT, and it's high time you remembered that.  Or not.  You can be a rock n roller again, or you can do what you've been doing.  I can't control that...But you CAN.

That's all I have to say.  Take it for what it's worth, and do as you see fit.  I'm done with it.

TGRR
Rock n roll never forgets.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't really talk about beadmaking or art. I mean, I mention it if something gets me all worked up, but I pretty actively avoid most conversations about "art" because they're mostly wanky douchery. God, can you imagine if I was always trying to start inflammatory threads about art?  :lol: If that ever happens, I hope someone will come to my house and dash my brains out with a rock.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 11, 2012, 09:30:48 PM
I don't really talk about beadmaking or art. I mean, I mention it if something gets me all worked up, but I pretty actively avoid most conversations about "art" because they're mostly wanky douchery. God, can you imagine if I was always trying to start inflammatory threads about art?  :lol: If that ever happens, I hope someone will come to my house and dash my brains out with a rock.

I talk about work sometimes, but mostly just the monkeyfuckers I work with. 
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.