News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

A Drink With Jesus, part I of V

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 16, 2012, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

Rog, I read what you write and I often don't know what to say. Sometimes all I have is silliness because in reality, I'm processing what you're saying and haven't thought of a reply that's really worthy. Doesn't mean it's wasted on me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 16, 2012, 07:43:08 PM
Rog, I read what you write and I often don't know what to say. Sometimes all I have is silliness because in reality, I'm processing what you're saying and haven't thought of a reply that's really worthy. Doesn't mean it's wasted on me.

S'ok.  I just think your filters are on a little tight recently, is all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

Richter

Best 'talk w jesus"  I've read.  "rescue me" tried to do one, but he came off smarmy and condescending. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

I agree with Kai, is very uplifting and new and good.

Juana

Very nice, Roger. I like the direction you seem to be taking it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 16, 2012, 06:35:37 PM

And now he's got assholes like Rick Santorum putting words in his mouth.

Santorum seems to be bigger in that Yahweh dude.
You know with all the floods and toasting cities Yahweh and his son didn't seemed to be on the same page sometimes. I guess that's where the holy ghost comes in. He's kind of the mediator between the two.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Eater of Clowns

Since I started on this Discordian thing I've thought of Jesus as a Discordian figure.  I think it's mentioned at one point or another, but really he was a pretty rebellious dude.  He stuck up for the little guy and tried to teach the ones in power to be a better kind of human.  It's not his fault his message got all bungled up by a bunch of assholes.  Or that people would rather believe the assholes than believe him.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Bu🤠ns

Thanks, Roger, this is quite timely for me lately... :)

Luna

Really good stuff, this, I look forward to the next.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

LMNO

This is the sort of Christianity I can support.

Good writing.