Started by navkat, January 16, 2012, 08:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on January 19, 2012, 04:16:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2012, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 04:12:04 PM
They're all "Our partying is changing the world!"

I can't stand it.

Those Crusty people are doing it too. "Our dumpster diving and not bathing is changing the world!"

:lulz:

Well, it is.  They're making it smellier.

Which is a kind of change.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Slurrealist

Partying is changing the world is bullshit but...people keep experiencing something, both with and without drugs.
As far as I understood from reading books and post, and partly from personal experience, the "prophet syndrome" is a very common state when the higher circuits got activated. And dancing, especially to repetitive beats, had always been one of the most strongest, most reliable ways to change your consciousness.
And another thing about rave is chillout. If there would have been no raves, there would have been no downtempo, chill music, lounge music, and so on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQNX2_-hlFY
"You're free, and freedom is beautiful. It will take time to restore chaos...but we will..."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2012, 04:17:01 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 19, 2012, 04:16:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2012, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 04:12:04 PM
They're all "Our partying is changing the world!"

I can't stand it.

Those Crusty people are doing it too. "Our dumpster diving and not bathing is changing the world!"

:lulz:

Well, it is.  They're making it smellier.

Which is a kind of change.

:lulz: True fact: these guys were club kids when they were young https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkKnldZHpE

True fact #2: that is also exactly how it would go down if Roger and I ever hung out and dropped some e.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Slurrealist on January 19, 2012, 09:17:33 PM
Partying is changing the world is bullshit but...people keep experiencing something, both with and without drugs.
As far as I understood from reading books and post, and partly from personal experience, the "prophet syndrome" is a very common state when the higher circuits got activated. And dancing, especially to repetitive beats, had always been one of the most strongest, most reliable ways to change your consciousness.
And another thing about rave is chillout. If there would have been no raves, there would have been no downtempo, chill music, lounge music, and so on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQNX2_-hlFY

Right now I'm experiencing something without the use of drugs. I am experiencing the fact that I need to take a shit.

Sure, dancing can be consciousness-changing and trance-inducing. So can a Catholic Mass. Are they revolutionary, though? Fuck no. People have been having dance parties since FOR FUCKING EVER. Ecstatic, sweaty, blissful, chemically-altered dance parties. The revolutionary ones have been few and far between, and in the history of the US have mostly involved things like white girls dancing with black boys.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Nothing should be stopping you. Unless youre younger than 12 you were born in the 1900s. ;) plus youd beat the hipsters to it. Listen to jazz before it bacame an excuse for inability to make appealing music.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Shhh dont kill the idea with facts.

Though truth be told i would listen to duke ellington over some pompous berklee kid in a second

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 18, 2012, 06:43:32 PM
I prefer if everyone finds their own vehicle...it doesn't have to be The Rave. I'd just like to share mine sometimes.

Feel free to share the things you love! I am just saying that it's a bit silly to claim that the rave itself is inherently part of some kind of revolution.

Um. She already nuanced and elaborated on that the first time you said it. Repeatedly asserting it is just building a straw man.

So it's not a revolution. As Navkat elaborated, it's more like a "timeless rebellion", kids have always been partying and probably will always continue to do so. So maybe it's not "changing" anything, if it's always been around in some sense or another.

But what I'm taking from it, is that it is important that it does exist, and happens. Because you need to exercise your freedoms in order to keep them. And this is a beautiful thing worth keeping.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2012, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2012, 07:55:48 PM
Quote from: navkat on January 18, 2012, 06:43:32 PM
I prefer if everyone finds their own vehicle...it doesn't have to be The Rave. I'd just like to share mine sometimes.

Feel free to share the things you love! I am just saying that it's a bit silly to claim that the rave itself is inherently part of some kind of revolution.

Um. She already nuanced and elaborated on that the first time you said it. Repeatedly asserting it is just building a straw man.

So it's not a revolution. As Navkat elaborated, it's more like a "timeless rebellion", kids have always been partying and probably will always continue to do so. So maybe it's not "changing" anything, if it's always been around in some sense or another.

But what I'm taking from it, is that it is important that it does exist, and happens. Because you need to exercise your freedoms in order to keep them. And this is a beautiful thing worth keeping.

Navkat and I communicated with each other just fine as far as I can tell. Unless I'm totally missing something.

DECI4

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

Nephew Twiddleton

Is this your absolute last post for realz this time? Just curious.

DECI4

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 20, 2012, 10:22:25 PM
Is this your absolute last post for realz this time? Just curious.

I'm in the process of deleting all my posts. I will be replacing them with music, famous quotes, and a veritable cornucopia of pictures from Picasso's blue period.

Let go of your hate Billy. Believe it or not, I'll miss you the most.   
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg