News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

[Feel free to ignore] unlimited navkat rave/music thread

Started by navkat, January 16, 2012, 08:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 23, 2012, 01:05:15 AM
Personally, I never saw the point of E.

A dose of the real stuff (pure molly, none of those crappy press-tabs) used to go for about $25.

I could take a $5 hit of acid and do a little speed and get twice the (essentially same) high for less than half the price.

I can pay about $18 for a thirty rack of shite beer and have a great time with a small group of friends.

Honestly I don't see the point either. You get one sort of buzz from booze and another from THC. What else do you need? I talked to a couple of people who have done coke and they said it's basically that you stay up all night and talk about shit. I can do that with too many beers. WHy do I need to do coke and erode my septum and maybe get arrested?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

See, if coke actually kept me up all night and made me gregarious I might like it. But it makes me cranky and sullen. And it turns EVERYONE into an asshole. What a stupid "party" drug.

Plus the part where every time you buy cocaine, you're doing your part to murder Mexican peasants. So it's stupid AND horribly immoral.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 23, 2012, 01:05:15 AM
Personally, I never saw the point of E.

A dose of the real stuff (pure molly, none of those crappy press-tabs) used to go for about $25.

I could take a $5 hit of acid and do a little speed and get twice the (essentially same) high for less than half the price.

I always liked it; it was a very calm, lucid high.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 23, 2012, 01:23:07 AM
See, if coke actually kept me up all night and made me gregarious I might like it. But it makes me cranky and sullen. And it turns EVERYONE into an asshole. What a stupid "party" drug.

Plus the part where every time you buy cocaine, you're doing your part to murder Mexican peasants. So it's stupid AND horribly immoral.

I have done it twice, and the second time I thought "OH FUCK I hated this the first time, why the hell did I do it again?"

ick.

Plus, yeah, the murdering Mexican peasants thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

I wonder if there's some common neural physiology thing that occurs among smart people that causes similar response to substances.

Specifically, I'm wondering what the selection bias is here on either a physiological and/or psychological level that causes a similar response to cocaine when it seems as though the rest of the world loves it. Is it a muted dopamine response? Or is it something else?

DECI4

Quote from: navkat on January 23, 2012, 08:21:58 PM
I wonder if there's some common neural physiology thing that occurs among smart people that causes similar response to substances.

Specifically, I'm wondering what the selection bias is here on either a physiological and/or psychological level that causes a similar response to cocaine when it seems as though the rest of the world loves it. Is it a muted dopamine response? Or is it something else?

I love cocaine. Though I've seen two of my best friends throw their lives away abusing it, I'm one of the lucky few that seem to be able to use it and then put it away for months or years at a time without any problem.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such
And this is a beat uh u can't touch

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg

Nephew Twiddleton

Navkat- i think my take on is from a couple of different perspectives. Is it ready to be consumed after some organism created it without further processing (minus distillation)? For example booze weed shrooms and peyote buttons. What is its effect? How addictive is it? How is it administered? How long does the effect last? What are the health risks involved?

East Coast Hustle

I gotta say, I've always though the whole "I only do natural drugs" thing is crap.

Go find some bush weed and smoke it and you'll realize exactly how processed and human-fucked-with the stuff you usually smoke really is.

Quote from: DECI4 on January 24, 2012, 08:03:25 AM
Quote from: navkat on January 23, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

I love cocaine. Though I've seen two of my best friends throw their lives away abusing it, I'm one of the lucky few that seem to be able to use it and then put it away for months or years at a time without any problem.

That's too bad. Maybe you should try harder. I suggest cooking up some freebase next time.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Oh, and that stuff you snort in Seattle? That's barely cocaine at all. But hey, enjoy your Levamisol!

East Coast Hustle

And don't burden your conscience with the fact that you, as a consumer of cocaine, are directly responsible for the deaths of Mexicans. I mean, not only are they in another country but they're not even white, so it's not like you're killing REAL people, right?

Nephew Twiddleton

You have a point ech. I had just woken up though and was thinking more along the lines of whatever possessed people to make meth?

East Coast Hustle

Short answer?

World War 2. It was originally given to soldiers to keep them alert.

Nephew Twiddleton

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Distilled alcohol is about as processed and natural as heroin.

DECI4

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on January 24, 2012, 12:22:49 PM
Oh, and that stuff you snort in Seattle? That's barely cocaine at all. But hey, enjoy your Levamisol!

As if the levimisol cut is confined to Seattle.  :roll: Also I find the subtle flavoring it imparts to be quite pleasant.
My-my-my-my music hits me so hard makes me say oh my Lord
Thank you for blessing me with a mind to rhyme and two hyped feet
It feels good when you know you're down
A superdope homeboy from the Oaktown
And I'm known as such

I told you homeboy u can't touch this
Yeah that's how we're livin' and you know u can't touch this
Look in my eyes man u can't touch this
You know let me bust the funky lyrics u can't touch this Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat
While it's rollin' hold on pump a little bit
And let me know it's going on like that like that
Cold on a mission so pull on back
Let 'em know that you're too much

Yo I told you u can't touch this
Why you standing there man u can't touch this

http://i.imgur.com/EiZZK.jpg