News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Half-page images

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, January 18, 2012, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

This one I'm not entirely sure about yet. I've been trying to find a place for the flowerhat guy for a while, not sure if this is going to be where he lands. Open to suggestions, no promise I'll actually follow any of them.

Junkenstein

Excellent as usual.

No bias here, obviously.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I guess if you're happy with it I should leave well enough alone.

Junkenstein

On the contrary, I'm probably the worst person to judge it.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Ziegejunge

I, for one, am extremely pleased with this page. The graphics, TGRR's great bad poetry, the whole package. I'm not saying you shouldn't change it if you think you have good changes in mind, but at the same time I personally don't think it needs changing. Kudos.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Bumped up the weight on the body text for the release on facebook, might make more changes later but for now it'll do.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'm considering redoing a bunch of the big words posters as multi-page spreads. The posters don't display well on the online version, and they don't break in half well for print.

In other news no one gives a shit about, it's become clear in the last week that my work falls into two camps: Our Lady of Pragmatism and What Am We Anyway? If splits of these are useful or relevant let me know and I'll start sub files for both.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 25, 2017, 02:17:27 PM
I'm considering redoing a bunch of the big words posters as multi-page spreads. The posters don't display well on the online version, and they don't break in half well for print.

In other news no one gives a shit about, it's become clear in the last week that my work falls into two camps: Our Lady of Pragmatism and What Am We Anyway? If splits of these are useful or relevant let me know and I'll start sub files for both.

I think this is a great category.

Also, QG, if you do those half-page splits, I wanted to mention that you have likely Big-Wordsed enough assorted writing to put it together into a bang-up book. I don't know about you, but I think that the people need to hear the Bad News, and you have been studiously packaging it up into attractive bite-sized pieces for a couple-few years now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 25, 2017, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 25, 2017, 02:17:27 PM

I think this is a great category.

Also, QG, if you do those half-page splits, I wanted to mention that you have likely Big-Wordsed enough assorted writing to put it together into a bang-up book. I don't know about you, but I think that the people need to hear the Bad News, and you have been studiously packaging it up into attractive bite-sized pieces for a couple-few years now.

It's weird looking at a project and realizing it might be your Life's Work.

I'll bump "Racism" to the top of the pile.

Q. G. Pennyworth

First two big words converts. Discordian Menace didn't have attribution in the old version, fixed here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Those look so damn good, QG.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Not sure if this is an improvement from a legibility standpoint. The thin text on the background was bugging me, but I had to reduce the size, so it may be a wash.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It is more readable; good call.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Not entirely sure about the random bits and bobs on this one. Very happy with the font though.