News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Half-page images

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, January 18, 2012, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziegejunge

Fantastic work. These look great and accentuate the readability of already-great work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The improved treatment this rant deserves.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I was tempted to cut the tractor ride line entirely. I think it reads okay now, but there's no way to make it more legible without abandoning the font or going to two pages. And I really want to keep this at one page.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 07, 2017, 10:16:12 PM

I was tempted to cut the tractor ride line entirely. I think it reads okay now, but there's no way to make it more legible without abandoning the font or going to two pages. And I really want to keep this at one page.

Why would you cut out the tractor ride?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Just for legibility issues. If folks can read it fine it stays.

The Wizard Joseph

Looks pretty clear on my phone.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 07, 2017, 10:16:12 PM

I love it, and I love the tractor ride line because I've totally done that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've done all those things on the same day, in fact.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

The font on this one has become my bottomless pit. http://imgur.com/a/ery4p

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 12, 2017, 01:08:31 AM

That one's hard to read on my phone, but I want a full sized poster of it exactly as is for my new tiny chamber of existential despair that I reside in. On the bright side I have wifi access because I know the guys that run a business downstairs.

On the down side... best not to dwell on it.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

I wanted it to be hard to read, but I can experiment with some slightly less awful fonts if folks want.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Been fighting with these pieces for a while.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like it. Including the work it takes to read it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 12, 2017, 03:14:27 AM
I wanted it to be hard to read, but I can experiment with some slightly less awful fonts if folks want.

For my part I like it as it is.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 12, 2017, 03:54:38 AM

Been fighting with these pieces for a while.

Have you tried more villainy? :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl