News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Mirror Universe?

Started by BadBeast, January 19, 2012, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBeast

Might be a stupid question, but if a magnetised needle pointed South instead of North, would our map of the World look like this?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Rumckle

A magnetised needle doesn't just point north, it points both north and south at the same time. Because you cannot have a north magnetic pole (in general terms) without also having a south. So it wouldn't really make a difference.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Does everyone in that other universe have a goatee?

Because I'd be kind of pissed if my wife had a goatee.  Maybe that's why they're all evil.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2012, 03:45:04 AM

Because I'd be kind of pissed if my wife had a goatee.  Maybe that's why they're all evil.

No, all the men have goatees and all the women are dressed in 1960s clothes with weird hair, and powered gogo boots. Come to think of it, maybe they aren't the evil ones.

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2012, 03:45:04 AM

Of course they don't. The Women have that Amish "Beard but no 'tache" thing going on. But that's not why they're evil.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

BadBeast

Quote from: Rumckle on January 20, 2012, 01:40:38 AM
A magnetised needle doesn't just point north, it points both north and south at the same time. Because you cannot have a north magnetic pole (in general terms) without also having a south. So it wouldn't really make a difference.
If he denounced his true polarity, turned his back on it, and successfully said unto the South, "Be thou mine North"
Would his right / left mirror reflection thing sort itself out? Because that bothers me a bit, re; East and West.

Nephew Twiddleton

Am i clean shaven in the other place? Is ech?

Oh dear. I just had a thought about what mirror universe ech would be like....
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

BadBeast

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 20, 2012, 12:01:03 PM
Am i clean shaven in the other place? Is ech?

Oh dear. I just had a thought about what mirror universe ech would be like....
You can't blame him for that, it wasn't his fault. Not on reflection.

Nephew Twiddleton

You know whats funny about that? I just got through with saying to villager "i know you like puns and thats why i tolerate them but ultimately theyre only good at getting everyone mad at you for making one"

excellent timing sir :lulz:

Vanadium Gryllz

Aren't maps orientated the way they are because the first people who were drawing them were the Europeans and everyone likes being on top?
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Also there's an awful lot more habitable landmass north of the equator, so odds are pretty good any dominant culture would have started out from that half of the planet.

BadBeast

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 20, 2012, 12:12:16 PM
You know whats funny about that? I just got through with saying to villager "i know you like puns and thats why i tolerate them but ultimately theyre only good at getting everyone mad at you for making one"

excellent timing sir :lulz:
Didn't have you pegged as quite so much of a disciplinarian Twid, but fair play.  :lulz:

That sounds like a tight ship you're running there, close to the wind too. Just remember to overhaul afore you strike 3 fathoms on the ebb, or you'll scuttle her on the reef. Twitch her in on the jibs, then anchor in the lee of that sinking ferry. Then you can ride out on the first swell of the flood, and miss the rip at half tide.
As to which way's West, jury's still out on that one, but North's down that way. 180 degrees from whichever way the penguins are coming from. No, that's a Guillemot. Penguins are bigger, and more dangerous.

Nephew Twiddleton

Pfft tight ship nothing. Puns just irritate me and i try not to let them irritate me when she indulges in them.

Well frequent puns. And she has a pun habit equivalent to rwhn's

BadBeast

Quote from: Billy the Twid on January 20, 2012, 03:16:54 PM
Pfft tight ship nothing. Puns just irritate me and i try not to let them irritate me when she indulges in them.

Well frequent puns. And she has a pun habit equivalent to rwhn's
I knew a bloke with a 40 a day pun habit once. He was in a right mess. But he was caught, bang to rights, trying to pass a similie based rhyming limerick off as proper metaphor. By an armed infinitive splitter's Snatch Squad! In front of his old Ma too.

Dysfunctional Cunt

:lulz:

I know that many say a pun is the lowest form of humor, but they crack me up anyway.