News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Tennessee Tea Baggers' Demands

Started by Juana, January 22, 2012, 10:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Tea parties issue demands to Tennessee legislators
Hilarity abounds in their demands, but extra extra horrormirthy is their demands on text books and their attorney general:
NASHVILLE — Members of Tennessee tea parties presented state legislators with five priorities for action Wednesday, including "rejecting" the federal health reform act, establishing an elected "chief litigator" for the state and "educating students the truth about America."

About two dozen tea party activists held a news conference, then met with lawmakers individually to present their list of priorities and "demands" for the 2011 legislative session that opened Tuesday.

Regarding education, the material they distributed said, "Neglect and outright ill will have distorted the teaching of the history and character of the United States. We seek to compel the teaching of students in Tennessee the truth regarding the history of our nation and the nature of its government."

That would include, the documents say, that "the Constitution created a Republic, not a Democracy."

The material calls for lawmakers to amend state laws governing school curriculums, and for textbook selection criteria to say that "No portrayal of minority experience in the history which actually occurred shall obscure the experience or contributions of the Founding Fathers, or the majority of citizens, including those who reached positions of leadership."

Fayette County attorney Hal Rounds, the group's lead spokesman during the news conference, said the group wants to address "an awful lot of made-up criticism about, for instance, the founders intruding on the Indians or having slaves or being hypocrites in one way or another.

"The thing we need to focus on about the founders is that, given the social structure of their time, they were revolutionaries who brought liberty into a world where it hadn't existed, to everybody — not all equally instantly — and it was their progress that we need to look at," said Rounds, whose website identifies him as a Vietnam War veteran of the Air Force and FedEx retiree who became a lawyer in 1995.
Just...what?

In reference to their AG's disinterest in going after "Obamacare":
The group's printed material says the attorney general has reflected "views of the U.S. Constitution that conflict with those of the people of Tennessee."
:horrormirth: Didn't we try this already? I think we did. And it ended pretty badly for the people who tried that.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

On the other hand, this does mean that Jesus is now recognised by the Tebaggers as being less important than any of the founding fathers.

Phox

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on January 22, 2012, 10:42:00 PM
Tea parties issue demands to Tennessee legislators
Hilarity abounds in their demands, but extra extra horrormirthy is their demands on text books and their attorney general:
NASHVILLE — Members of Tennessee tea parties presented state legislators with five priorities for action Wednesday, including "rejecting" the federal health reform act, establishing an elected "chief litigator" for the state and "educating students the truth about America."

About two dozen tea party activists held a news conference, then met with lawmakers individually to present their list of priorities and "demands" for the 2011 legislative session that opened Tuesday.

Regarding education, the material they distributed said, "Neglect and outright ill will have distorted the teaching of the history and character of the United States. We seek to compel the teaching of students in Tennessee the truth regarding the history of our nation and the nature of its government."

That would include, the documents say, that "the Constitution created a Republic, not a Democracy."

The material calls for lawmakers to amend state laws governing school curriculums, and for textbook selection criteria to say that "No portrayal of minority experience in the history which actually occurred shall obscure the experience or contributions of the Founding Fathers, or the majority of citizens, including those who reached positions of leadership."

Fayette County attorney Hal Rounds, the group's lead spokesman during the news conference, said the group wants to address "an awful lot of made-up criticism about, for instance, the founders intruding on the Indians or having slaves or being hypocrites in one way or another.

"The thing we need to focus on about the founders is that, given the social structure of their time, they were revolutionaries who brought liberty into a world where it hadn't existed, to everybody — not all equally instantly — and it was their progress that we need to look at," said Rounds, whose website identifies him as a Vietnam War veteran of the Air Force and FedEx retiree who became a lawyer in 1995.
Just...what?

In reference to their AG's disinterest in going after "Obamacare":
The group's printed material says the attorney general has reflected "views of the U.S. Constitution that conflict with those of the people of Tennessee."
:horrormirth: Didn't we try this already? I think we did. And it ended pretty badly for the people who tried that.
Well, you see, what happened was, the Founding Fathers completely meant to get rid of slavery right away. I mean, that's obvious. I mean, it belongs right up there with freedom of speech, and freedom to be a white, male, Protestant. That's why it's Amendment #13.

Juana

Oooh, right, I forgot about that!

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2012, 10:44:29 PM
On the other hand, this does mean that Jesus is now recognised by the Tebaggers as being less important than any of the founding fathers.
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Good point.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, wow. :horrormirth:

teabaggers are stuck in this funny little trap, which is that thanks to the mainstream media they think that most of the people in this country agree with them, when actually  they are a tiny minority.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."