News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

If I seem a little non-talkative...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 25, 2012, 09:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

...I'm having a very bad month, head-wise.

I am making a very strong effort to not treat you all like a pack of plotting hyenas, though.  So that's something.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

... And it's not even February yet. Shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 25, 2012, 09:27:20 PM
... And it's not even February yet. Shit.

Close enough.  The difference between now and a couple of years back is that the severity is much lower, and I know it's happening.

Example:  I know Enabler isn't really poisoning my food.  I still have to force myself to take the first bite.

Difference is, now I CAN force myself.

I'm not posting much, because my default position is that everything everyone says is a sly insult of some kind, and that I'm being ignored or shunned.  I know this isn't the case, but it's hard to shake that feeling.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Sorry to hear that, Roger.

I'm totally a plotting hyena, though.  Not against you, but yeah, always plotting, always with the sinister laugh.

Oh, and my matriarch has a vestigial penis.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 25, 2012, 09:32:50 PM

Worse things happen to people every day.

Mine has a full-out hard on.

Eve

It's good that you're aware of the patterned thinking, and doing what you can to combat it. Take care of yourself.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eve on January 25, 2012, 09:39:40 PM
It's good that you're aware of the patterned thinking, and doing what you can to combat it. Take care of yourself.

Oh, no problem there.  I'm in RICHTER MODE.

This involves watching everyone around me like a hawk, in case they lunge at me suddenly.  This doesn't work on Richter, mind you.  He's already moving, and it's too late.

Richter

Hang in.
For what it's worth, if I ever decide to enact your demise you will have warning so we can build huge fucking horrormechs and duke it out in the desert with proper film coverage.

I'm totally a plotting hyena, though.  Not against you, but yeah, always plotting, always with the sinister laugh.

We're still on for carrion and cackling at lost caravan travelers tomorrow, right?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

Aw Rog, sorry to hear your head's buzzing. You kick ass and I hope you feel better soon.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on January 25, 2012, 09:44:11 PM
Hang in.
For what it's worth, if I ever decide to enact your demise you will have warning so we can build huge fucking horrormechs and duke it out in the desert with proper film coverage.

"Don't fire until you see the whites of their headlights", Richter said while hoisting an RPG7 onto his shoulder, "I mean, we have plenty of ammo, but it's not sporting."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 25, 2012, 09:44:18 PM
Aw Rog, sorry to hear your head's buzzing. You kick ass and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks.  This gets milder and less frequent as time goes on, but this particular one's a bugger.

navkat

And while you're worried everyone's plotting, I'm sitting here, worried that I come of as offensive, obnoxious and stupid to everyone I meet.

I feel ya, dog.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on January 25, 2012, 09:56:20 PM
And while you're worried everyone's plotting, I'm sitting here, worried that I come of as offensive, obnoxious and stupid to everyone I meet.

I feel ya, dog.

You are obnoxious, though not offensive or stupid.

Thing is, 99% of the people I know that are worth knowing are obnoxious.  I know I am.

LMNO

EoC, I'm so sorry to hear about your matriarch's penis.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Roger, feel free to hit me up on PM's if you need to talk it out. I remember the paranoia I was in a couple years ago. Its not a good place. Imma second what Eve said about recognising the pattern, it's half the battle.