News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

RENAMED: Roger is bored. Do something!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 27, 2012, 02:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Played some Civ V tonight.  Anyone who plays that, here?

And if so, did you know you can nuke your own cities?

TGRR,
Ran out of enemies before he ran out of ICBMs.  Vote for me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 28, 2012, 06:44:58 AM
Played some Civ V tonight.  Anyone who plays that, here?

And if so, did you know you can nuke your own cities?

TGRR,
Ran out of enemies before he ran out of ICBMs.  Vote for me.
Hot damn! Ya got my vote.  :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

I just cut my ear shaving.

I don't know what's worse:  Managing to cut yourself shaving despite 31 years of experience shaving, and the best razor money can buy...or the fact that I in fact must shave my ears.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

What happens if you don't shave your ears?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on January 28, 2012, 10:00:05 PM
What happens if you don't shave your ears?

They get hairy.  Inside & out.  I feel that I am obligated by common decency to protect the world from that sight.

navkat

Wow...yeah. That's my chosen profession! I get to transport that person with all the ethics, caring and proffessionalism I can muster up!

And believe it or not, that guy's the least of my concerns. It's always the "normal" looking ones. Sneak-attack feces parties. 15-year-old little anorexic girls who suddenly pick up the gun...and who take four grown men to restrain. The nice, 80-year-old, frail grandma with altered mental status who spews forth a barrage of expletive insults for you, the cops and anyone within earshot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 28, 2012, 09:49:57 PM
I just cut my ear shaving.

I don't know what's worse:  Managing to cut yourself shaving despite 31 years of experience shaving, and the best razor money can buy...or the fact that I in fact must shave my ears.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

People are nuts.  I'm sitting here at 11:45 on Saturday night, half asleep listing to some local radio show, here are two grown men talking about arks, pyramid aliens, and gods.  These are grown, educated men, with high paying jobs that have become completely insane and they get paid and accepted for it.  People line up to call in and tell THEIR stories about what they thought happened to them after eating a large garbage pizza and reading Whitley Strieber right before bed, and these ASSHOLES egg them on in their psychosis.

Now here I am, more or less a rational everyday middle class wage slob, and I used to actually respect what PhDs thought about the world and the way things are...Now I think they're all a bunch of whackjob bozos.  Thats not to say I'm better then them...Well yes I am saying that, PEOPLE ARE MORONS, no matter WHAT letters they have after their names.

Don't these people have kids or families or something?  People that might be EMBARRASSED that the ONE GUY in the family who got his doctorate is on the radio babbling about alien love messiahs?   

The Good Reverend Roger

It also occurs to me that it's only a few weeks until I have to endure Saint Patrick's Day again.

Yeah, a big ol' Erin go bugger to all you contentious, alcoholic, bipolar, swaggering, staggering, badgering, blustering, brain-damaged, half-inbred, half-dicked, hair-trigger-brawling, loud-mouthed bags of monkey meat. I hope you get ebola from a toilet seat and it works its way outwards from your privates.

Same to the goddamned Irish as well, they're nuts.

The Good Reverend Roger

One last thing for tonight, as if anyone's actually here to read it...It IS really important to keep up with the news, etc.

I mean, I know it's too much data, and it's confusing and bad for your mental health and you can't really DO anything about them anyway so it fills you with a sense of disempowerment and helplessness....

But it's important to know what's going on.

That way when the bombs start going off and everything collapses, and you're turned into powder, you'll know WHY.

Or at least, your own little version of WHY.

And that's important.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am supposed to bring something in to class on Tuesday that reflects the current state of U.S. military imperialism.

I know I won't have any problems finding something, I'm just afraid to go look.