News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Dingo on walkabout

Started by Placid Dingo, January 30, 2012, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

I'm trying to express some ideas in my head and the artistic filters aren't working so well so I'm going to try to express things clearly and precisely.

I've been teaching now for two years. This is my third year in schools. I'm in Central Queensland which is... Limiting, by virtue of being in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I spent four years at university preparing for this. That time was very future focussed so I wasn't ready for the change in pace actually having a job and looking into 'here we are' rather than 'this is where I'm going'.

I'm looking at going to Asia next year. To teach I think, but possibly with designs on moving into some kind of aid work.

Some of these Discordian ideas, ideas about Gods and giants and jailbreaks are starting to really come into this vision of where I'm going. The idea of the self, of wanting to be a giant; to cut out the flowery language, the desire to push myself and 'discover my best self'. To become better at what I do and more complete in who I am. I don't know if this is all a bit wanky.

I'm making career risks here and also relationship risks (which I won't go into detail over).

Right now I'm just nervous and uncertain about the future, what I want, where I'm going - or should be going. I have a vibe I'm going the right way but just... Head full of too much right now.

Also, wisdom teeth ripped out; so probably I can dedicate a lot of this post to my painkillers.

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Cramulus

Rock on, dingus. You seem to be moving in the right direction.