News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

OK, not ALL Democrats are utterly useless

Started by Cain, February 02, 2012, 11:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It did fail, but nevertheless, this is funny as hell:

QuoteTo protest a bill that would require women to undergo an ultrasound before having an abortion, Virginia State Sen. Janet Howell (D-Reston) on Monday attached an amendment that would require men to have a rectal exam and a cardiac stress test before obtaining a prescription for erectile dysfunction medication.

"We need some gender equity here," she told HuffPost. "The Virginia senate is about to pass a bill that will require a woman to have totally unnecessary medical procedure at their cost and inconvenience. If we're going to do that to women, why not do that to men?"

The Senate will formally vote on the mandatory ultrasound bill on Tuesday.

The Republican-controlled senate rejected the amendment Monday by a vote of 21 to 19, but passed the mandatory ultrasound bill in a voice vote.

Howell said she is not surprised her amendment failed.

"This is more of a message type of an amendment, so I was pleased to get 19 votes," she said.

More like this (or more successful) please.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Sorry, that's our one display of balls for the year. Wouldn't want anyone to think we're trying to turn the US into a socio-fascist dictatorship.

Luna

I didn't think that could be equaled.  I was incorrect.

QuoteOn February 6, following Personhood USA's push to proclaim fertilized human eggs the same as grown humans, the Republican dominated Oklahoma legislature introduced the bill known as "Personhood Bill" SB 1433 to the Senate Floor. In response, Democratic State Senator Constance Johnson attached an amendment to the bill that would ban the spilling of semen in any location other than a woman's vagina.

According to the report in thelostogle.com, the amendment would outlaw masturbation by men, and all forms of sexual activity "in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman's vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/08/thou-shalt-not-spill-thy-seed-anti-masturbation-amendment-added-to-anti-abortion-bill/

:lulz:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Wolfgang Absolutus

Oh how I dislike Congress.Money doesn't recognize hypocrisy so even if these kinds of stunts help us to notice what a bunch of loons they are, they won't really stop acting the way they do because the money keeps flowing.
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

Freeky

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 09, 2012, 01:11:25 AM
Oh how I dislike Congress.Money doesn't recognize hypocrisy so even if these kinds of stunts help us to notice what a bunch of loons they are, they won't really stop acting the way they do because the money keeps flowing.

What?  You are against the stunts, or approve of them and the rest of Congress is asstards?

Wolfgang Absolutus

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 09, 2012, 02:25:33 AM
Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 09, 2012, 01:11:25 AM

What?  You are against the stunts, or approve of them and the rest of Congress is asstards?
I am generally un-approving of congress. I don't really know enough about the individual congresspersons who pulled off the stunts to say that they are not 'ass-tards', nor that if I did it would negate any of the things they have done previously. But with really any congressman I've kind of just taken  the "idiot and/or shill until proven otherwise" approach. Bernie Sanders is perhaps the only one who has passed so far. But he is a glassy eyed idealist so there is still that.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Wolfgang Absolutus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 10, 2012, 12:10:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 03:38:43 AM
Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 09, 2012, 02:44:35 AM
un-approving

You just made Queen Elizabeth II cry.

I hope you're happy.
this made me cry. it made me cry tears.

I hope they were tears of shame, for what you had just done to the English language.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Wolfgang Absolutus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 02:09:13 PM
Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 10, 2012, 12:10:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 03:38:43 AM
Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 09, 2012, 02:44:35 AM
un-approving

You just made Queen Elizabeth II cry.

I hope you're happy.
this made me cry. it made me cry tears.

I hope they were tears of shame, for what you had just done to the English language.
I don't speak that moon talk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Thurnez Isa

The senate rejected it by only 2 votes?

Maybe if she added the word God or Jesus to the bill it could have passed.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Luna

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on February 13, 2012, 04:14:18 AM
The senate rejected it by only 2 votes?

Maybe if she added the word God or Jesus to the bill it could have passed.

She should've gotten this guy to speak:

http://www.southasianconnection.com/articles/217/1/Ten-Reasons-Masturbation-is-Destructive/Page1.html

(My brain hurts after reading that.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."