News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Future Shock

Started by Scribbly, February 03, 2012, 11:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbly

OUR TOP STORIES TODAY.

Almost $50 billion wiped off stock markets today due to fears of instability with 2/10 people under the age of 25 out of work. JOIN THE DISCUSSION on the job crisis we must act to prevent further humanitarian crisis with hundreds dying daily due to lack of basic necessities such as failing support for the Eurozone. YOUR VOTE COUNTS FOR THESE FINALISTS At an all time low, German Chancellor Angela Merkel reiterated that she would not allow the project to fail, and offered to blockade the Strait of Hormuz. WE TAKE YOU LIVE TO THE SCENE The IMF reiterated that such an act could result in a massive spike in the price of oil leaving thirty two dead. BUT DO PEOPLE REALLY UNDERSTAND IT? WE TOOK TO THE STREETS OF LONDON TO FIND OUT The Costa Concordia disaster is being blamed on the irresponsible actions of 2,818 Occupy movements listed worldwide. DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR CHILDREN ARE? We'll bring you more on that after eleven. PRESS THE RED BUTTON NOW

Tune in again tomorrow for more.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Placid Dingo

I love this.

It feels like an immitation of the modern cycle; too much information too fast about everyone blending into eachother leaving nothing but confusion and a sense of powerlessness.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Scribbly

Quote from: Placid Dingo on February 03, 2012, 11:48:31 AM
I love this.

It feels like an immitation of the modern cycle; too much information too fast about everyone blending into eachother leaving nothing but confusion and a sense of powerlessness.

Thanks  :)

That was what I was aiming at. Roger's talked about future shock a lot recently. I really feel like this is something we almost demand. If you don't keep up with it you feel like you're missing out, like you're going to miss out on some vital information that you need to know.

But there's just way too much to keep up with everything, and there's no distinction made between stuff you need to know and random stupid gossip. There's no filter system in the mass media. So you wind up hearing about everything, 99.9% of which is just awful stuff you can't do anything about, but you feel connected and tuned in and then your head explodes.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on February 03, 2012, 11:56:23 AM
That was what I was aiming at. Roger's talked about future shock a lot recently.

There's a lot about that in Horrorology, too.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

I dig it. It's a better version of what I was going for with KROM, this awful amalgamation / conflation of current events. Your privacy is a copyright violation!