Okay, getting off the couch!

Started by CorbeauEtRenard, February 08, 2012, 02:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorbeauEtRenard

Alright...

I've got a local Cacophony Society chapter that's never done shit.

I've realized that I, the by-default figurehead by merit of identifying as a Discordian and Subgenius, have concluded that Cacophony is stale. Even before I heard about the documentary on it I was realizing this, but it's what spurred me to really think hard about it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize it had been stale for well over a decade before I'd even first heard about it.

I really like the use of the word Cacophony in the title, but it's just "Hey, we're somehow indirectly related to Burning Man! Isn't it cool how much indirect reputation that gives us?" at this point.

Now, since they consider me the ringleader, I'm going to accept it and say I don't want any of that derivative crap. Might as well just walk the streets quoting Monty Python if we're gonna do that.

What I think I (and the group) need is rebranding--to do some self-targeted psychological bullshit.

Should I just form a new cabal and preemptively send them congratulating them on their successful application to join?

Should I create a whole new sort of group?

Should I just not give a shit about how Cacophony is just a thin umbrella over a handful of events that are basically self-sustaining and make a New Cacophony and throw in lots of over the top pseudoideological revolutionary rhetoric BS and for the giggles (as well as to try to foster a different attitude in the group)?

You guys and gals have gotten up to all sorts of mischief, so I thought I'd ask if you have any pointers.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CorbeauEtRenard on February 08, 2012, 02:29:21 AM
Alright...

I've got a local Cacophony Society chapter that's never done shit.

This is by no means a rare beast.

Send 'em all an invite to a prank.  The ones that show up, show up.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.