News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

The Dimocritan Sylabus

Started by Richter, February 05, 2012, 03:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Whenever anyone went to meet the master, their first words were often all the same.  "I thought you'd be taller."
The master Dimocritus would then kick them firmly upon the shin.  As the petitioner was writhing in pain he would posit: 
"What NOW punk?"  IT should be noted that the master also owned the only pair of steel toed converse sneaker made, ever.

The master never met people in a temple or dwelling.  He had no use for such places.  He met them in the forum, or preferably in a public house. 

When asked for wisdom the master told all annoying petitioners "Don't shit where you shit."  By this method wre the annoying ones hauled off for crapping the sidewalks.

Some petitioners approached the master fawning over his band.  Others approached slandering it.  BOth hoped to spurn greater interaction with their foul or fair words.  Both were doomed to fail.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

Whenever anyone called him that, he knew they were primed to buy him a beer, and would ask.  This pattern would continue until enlightenment set it.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Wolfgang Absolutus

So what you are saying is not to encourage the unenlightened with truisms and other such meaningless drivel. Eventually they will stop asking the enlightened and reach within themselves where they will find what they sought the whole time.
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

Richter

Ask Dimo.  He's the one that DID all this shit.

Don Coyote

I thought the moral was "Dimo is awesome and you should fucking buy him a beer" :?

Luna

Quote from: Lurk on February 07, 2012, 04:03:01 AM
I thought the moral was "Dimo is awesome and you should fucking buy him a beer" :?

That, too, yes. 
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."