You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

The Transparency Grenade

Started by Triple Zero, February 06, 2012, 10:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

An art project by some guy I follow on Twitter:

http://transparencygrenade.com/

Yesterday it was just the image of that grenade and only some related art websites explained what it was supposed to do, but now he added some technical specs, and said he'll be updating the page more later.

This is btw the same guy that made NewsTweak (or was it NewsTweek) that I posted about before in O:MF.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

very interesting... So this guy is making this "leaking hardware", essentially a spycam and wifi sniffer, in a little grenade package. That's bad ass. I think using something like that in America would result in a call to the bomb squad and a visit from homeland security. Cool application of spy tech anyway.

Triple Zero

He won't use it though, in one of his tweets he says "using this would be extremely illegal" (I believe he's from Germany, but it'd be illegal in most of the Western world). It's just an art project--hence it's in the shape of a transparent grenade.

When the site was first up, I googled for "transparency grenade" and it's a term used to describe some of Wikileaks's leaks.

As far as I understand, the shit he builds is fully functional, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Wolfgang Absolutus

This is pretty cool. I can see it now. Protesters marching through the streets throwing hundreds of these into all the corporate offices.Regular joes embedding them all over wall street. Leaving them around the UN and other such buildings during tours. If only all the janitors were discordians.
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."