News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

fractals? polylines?

Started by Triple Zero, February 07, 2012, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

what is this AutoRealm thing?

(didnt want to jack the other thread)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm still using Graph Paper 1.0, but I'll check it out.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

The "fractal polyline" tool creates fractally crooked lines. Perfect for drawing rivers, coastlines, roads, etc. It doesn't lose any detail when you zoom in. It's just as crooked and nuanced at any scale of magnification.

You can use different line styles to create that coastline effect.

The stamps are all vector art, so they don't lose detail when you zoom in either.

You can set things to different layers, and hide them as necessary. So you can print a map with and without the DM notes. Or toggle between geographical and political views.

And if I recall correctly, it's an open source project!

I only have one small gripe with it... I tried to print maps with 1' grids for miniature play, and I found it's pretty tough to print at a specific scale. It kind of guesses how large it should be, and you often get a grid that's just a little small, or doesn't line up with the terrain as you envisioned...

but overall, very useful program.