News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Attention, you snotty little lurking bastards:

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 07, 2012, 07:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 09:45:21 PM
Hey come on dude. relax

I don't "relax".  Relaxing is for OTHER PEOPLE.  No, even when I die, you could make diamonds by shoving lumps of coal up my ass. 

And I fucking LIKE IT that way.  Why are you being so fucking judgemental?  Do I tell YOU how to act?  No, I make fun of you, which is another thing entirely.  So, yeah, I'm going to keep being this way, but you are by all means welcome to continue telling me what the fuck to do and how the fuck to act, because that ALWAYS ENDS WELL.

No, really.  Pink unicorns and Goddamn flying monkeys and fluffy white clouds and shit.  Keep pushing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Why do I so often view and say nothing?

The default answer is "I haven't got anything to say."

But of course we know this is a lie, and I lie that I myself am guilty of perpetrating at times.

The truth is that there's too fucking much to say. EVERYTHING is broken, fucked up, filthy, backwards, befouled, or perverse in some way. Sometimes it's subtle, and other times it's so grotesquely in your face that you have no choice but to look the other way, or scream until your lungs bleed.

Not only are the governments of the "First World" criminally incompetent, but the citizenry have also come to expect them to be that way. They might disapprove of this or that, but on some level everyone knows what the real problem is. The problem isn't voting for the right or wrong pasty chump; it's that there's too much to govern.

The Machine can only be managed poorly, or not at all. Either we fuck everything up by our botched attempts to keep things under control, or we let everything fall to pieces and see what survives the ruination.

So wear a helmet and enjoy the goddamn ride. Or, you know, don't.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on February 07, 2012, 09:54:28 PM
The truth is that there's too fucking much to say. EVERYTHING is broken, fucked up, filthy, backwards, befouled, or perverse in some way. Sometimes it's subtle, and other times it's so grotesquely in your face that you have no choice but to look the other way, or scream until your lungs bleed.

Yeah, clogging up your hate gland is always a good way to stay healthy.

You pick a spot, and start.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Wolfgang Absolutus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 09:51:37 PM
Hey come on dude. relax

I don't "relax".  Relaxing is for OTHER PEOPLE.  No, even when I die, you could make diamonds by shoving lumps of coal up my ass. 

And I fucking LIKE IT that way.  Why are you being so fucking judgemental?  Do I tell YOU how to act?  No, I make fun of you, which is another thing entirely.  So, yeah, I'm going to keep being this way, but you are by all means welcome to continue telling me what the fuck to do and how the fuck to act, because that ALWAYS ENDS WELL.

No, really.  Pink unicorns and Goddamn flying monkeys and fluffy white clouds and shit.  Keep pushing.
Hey alright dude. Do what you will. I've no authority over anyone but myself and my dog and she doesn't really listen anyway. I guess I don't really understand your anger.
Thinking and Breathing are my main occupations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wolfgang Absolutus on February 07, 2012, 10:00:59 PM
I guess I don't really understand your anger.

Nobody does.  I'M SO ALONE!

Now, fuck off.  I'm going to go listen to Linkin Park and nurse my cold, black, broken heart.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 10:02:53 PM

Now, fuck off.  I'm going to go listen to Linkin Park and nurse my cold, black, broken heart.

I catch you going goth, and I will call ECH with the harpoon.  I swear.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Hey come on dude. relax

Hey alright dude. Do what you will. I've no authority over anyone but myself and my dog and she doesn't really listen anyway. I guess I don't really understand your anger.

Roger doesn't have "anger," he has HOLY MOTHERFUCKING RAGE and it is the only thing that sustains his cold, lifeless corpse on a day-to-day basis.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 07, 2012, 10:03:50 PM
Hey come on dude. relax

Roger doesn't have "anger," he has HOLY MOTHERFUCKING RAGE and it is the only thing that sustains his cold, lifeless corpse on a day-to-day basis.

This is a fact.  I keeled over dead in 2010, while raging out on my cell phone.  The only thing giving me the illusion of life is caffeine, really hot vindaloo, and BOTTOMLESS FUCKING HATE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on February 07, 2012, 10:03:41 PM

No worries.  I was just kidding about that bit.

I'm really listening to MCR.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 10:05:29 PM
Quote from: Luna on February 07, 2012, 10:03:41 PM

No worries.  I was just kidding about that bit.

I'm really listening to MCR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTgnDLWeeaM

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Epimetheus

I don't post often. Here's the way I feel about it. (1) Why post just to post? What in the hell is the use of that? I don't want to add to the noise; it doesn't help anyone. I see some useless posts on PD and don't want to just add to that pile. (2) I think I don't really like a lot of the people here (or at least a few of the loudest posters). I think we don't jive in certain ways and what that means is any time I post content, it would probably be misunderstood, or understood and disliked. I mean, what's the point of posting if it makes folks like me less and thus more likely to throw out anything I say in the future? I'm not saying that I'm afraid of being hurt or ignored. I'm saying that those things mean my posting would be pointless, helping no one.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on February 07, 2012, 10:23:50 PM
(2) I think I don't really like a lot of the people here (or at least a few of the loudest posters).

Ah.

Eater of Clowns

Home PC is out getting upgraded.  Work Internet is limited because I overused it (on PD).  Won't be joining in for the foreseeable future, so -3 posts a day for PD.   :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Epimetheus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 10:42:42 PM
(2) I think I don't really like a lot of the people here (or at least a few of the loudest posters).

Ah.

Disliking is, of course, not the same as thinking less of someone. There is a basic respect present. Uh, care to explain the meaning of that Ah?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Epimetheus on February 07, 2012, 10:54:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 07, 2012, 10:42:42 PM

Ah.

Disliking is, of course, not the same as thinking less of someone. There is a basic respect present. Uh, care to explain the meaning of that Ah?

Sure.  I mean, if you were polite enough to state your position, I guess I can be arsed to comment. 

I can deal with people who love me, with people who like me, and even with people that hate me.  Hell, I like most of the people I hate (they're not mutually exclusive terms).  But dislike?  That smacks of indifference mixed with disdain, and I really have no time for people who feel that way about me.

I only wish, Epi, that you'd said so much earlier, as it would be one less opinion I'd have spend effort considering.  But there's no sense crying over spilled milk, eh?  So we'll just move on, shall we, and I can forget that you ever existed.

Good day, and the best of luck in all your future endeavors, whomever you were.