News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

I felt like writing

Started by Mistre, February 07, 2012, 10:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistre

Before starting I would like to warn you all about 3 things

1 - English is not my first language
2 - A lot of what I am going to write may seem to be nonsense,or to be irrelevant.Maybe it is,but what I am writing is what I feel it is right to write, thus, I would like to ask to everyone who posts here to be honest about what they think, and why they think that.
3 - While I will not say that I wrote this to myself, as I am posting it here, I shall say that it is extremely personal, not in the sense that it might be unique, but in the sense that it is one of the views that are part of who is "me", so, yeah, it would be swell if you could be nice and all to me.

Beggining   -   Now

We are born. And then consume food, be it meat, bet it plant, be it fungus. We feed. We grow. We die.

From our corpses the bugs and microbes feed,and our own body becomes dirt. And plants grow. And plants are eaten.

The animals that are now eating the plants are being killed by other animals. These animals that now are killing will soon be killed.

They are killed.

They were killed.

And again,they are eaten. We are all eaten, we are all killed.

We can be killed by ourselves, be it slowly as natural decay, be it quickly as suicide (Or maybe that is a redundancy?).

And then,from our corpse, bugs and microbes will grow,and from these remains,plants will eventually grow too.And eventually be eaten.

All that is alive was dead.All that is dead was alive.

What is death if not just a transformation?

What is life if not another.

It's all a trade.

We are not truly dead, as part of us will always remain alive through others.
Nor we are truly alive, as we are dying by each breath we take, and several parts of us are now dead.

We simply rise and fall. Repeatedly

Rise and fall.

Again and again.
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

The Good Reverend Roger

That was kind of cool.

But the last line sort of made it seem like you lost your nerve and made it a joke at the last minute.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mistre

Yeah, I thought it would be better if it had something to loose the mood a little...I guess I was wrong heh!

Thanks for your comment!

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Is it cool if I play with this a little bit for one of my half-pages? I like it overall, but there are a few things I might edit (the parenthetical bit, for one). I'll put in whatever attribution you prefer  :)

Mistre

As long you don't change the meaning and maintain my authory, you can do whatever you want with it =D

Put the name of the author Papa Mistre, if you are going ot publish/post/show to your friends anywhere else.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like it! It's a nice illustration of the cycle, and succeeds in gravitas without a sense of futility... it even feels a little zen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mistre

Oh,Thank you very much Miss Nigel!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

I love how much I don't even consider Nigel a strictly male name anymore and a phrase like "Miss Nigel" doesn't even make me blink :) Just like "Miss Fred" wouldnt :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 10, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
I love how much I don't even consider Nigel a strictly male name anymore and a phrase like "Miss Nigel" doesn't even make me blink :) Just like "Miss Fred" wouldnt :)

I find that extremely pleasing.

If in a few years, little girls names Nigel start popping up, I will shit myself!

Triple Zero

For real. The only reason I gave it a second thought was: "Hmmm 'Miss Nigel' was that the one that means married or not? No it's more like someone would call a teacher ... wait a minute, Nigel is actually a guy's name" <-- my train of thoughts, roughly.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mistre

I just tried to treat her nicely,I've seen some posts from her and she appears to be a quite likable gal ^^"

Was it that strange?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 10, 2012, 10:55:44 PM
For real. The only reason I gave it a second thought was: "Hmmm 'Miss Nigel' was that the one that means married or not? No it's more like someone would call a teacher ... wait a minute, Nigel is actually a guy's name" <-- my train of thoughts, roughly.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mistre on February 10, 2012, 11:19:06 PM
I just tried to treat her nicely,I've seen some posts from her and she appears to be a quite likable gal ^^"

Was it that strange?

Aw! You said I'm likable!  :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistre on February 10, 2012, 11:19:06 PM

Was it that strange?

She's really nice right up until your skin falls off and you die screaming with your bones on the outside.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.