News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

[RENAMED] No longer losing it, I AM VICTORIOUS.

Started by navkat, February 08, 2012, 01:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 04:40:32 PM
Now that you're all licensed and shit, Tucson needs more paramedics.  We always need more paramedics.  And you're just the right kind of crazy for this place.

But doesn't it get cold there in winter?

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on February 10, 2012, 04:57:21 PM
Now that you're all licensed and shit, Tucson needs more paramedics.  We always need more paramedics.  And you're just the right kind of crazy for this place.

I think it went down to 37F this winter.

And no mosquitos.  <--- Read that twice.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 05:36:04 PM

No mosq...NO MOSQUITOES?!?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on February 10, 2012, 05:39:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 05:36:04 PM

No mosq...NO MOSQUITOES?!?

No mosquitos.  Apparently there are occasional ones by the golf courses, but that's easily avoided, and only happens for 2 weeks/year.  They aren't native, there's no standing water, and the local bugs devour them.  I have not been stung by a mosquito - or even seen one - since I moved here 6.5 years ago.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

navkat

What I always liked about Phoenix was that the terrain is no mineralized/salty that there are no SLUGS indigenous to the area. I like to walk around in summer, barefoot and slugs were the bane of my existence on Long Island. I have a personal hatred of the vile, little fuckers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on February 10, 2012, 05:43:44 PM
What I always liked about Phoenix was that the terrain is no mineralized/salty that there are no SLUGS indigenous to the area. I like to walk around in summer, barefoot and slugs were the bane of my existence on Long Island. I have a personal hatred of the vile, little fuckers.

We have no slugs.

All of our bugs are ARMORED BEHEMOTHS with poison stingers.  Or psychotic shit like tarantula hawks.

However, they're BUSY and won't fuck with you unless provoked.

navkat

Or it rains and they come inside the house, I know. It's okay, teh navkat has plenty of blacklights (and glowsticks!)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on February 10, 2012, 05:47:52 PM
Or it rains and they come inside the house, I know.

Nope.

For the low, low price of $33/month, there are NO bugs in the house.  There is a LINE OF DEATH that doesn't affect vertebrates, and twice a month I take a broom and sweep up the world war I-esque line of carcasses 6" inside my garage door.

The only real concern is wood scorpions and insane mountain lions.

Oh, and man-eating bears up in the Santa Ritas.

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, and up North, berserk ostriches running loose like Goddamn dinosaurs.  But they die a month after they escape from the ostrich ranches.

Elder Iptuous

starvation?

i'd really enjoy seeing wild ostriches thrive here in the states..

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iptuous on February 10, 2012, 06:06:47 PM
starvation?

i'd really enjoy seeing wild ostriches thrive here in the states..

Plants are all wrong.  Makes 'em turn into high-speed homicidal death machines for 3-4 weeks, then they croak.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 06:00:08 PM
Quote from: navkat on February 10, 2012, 05:47:52 PM
Or it rains and they come inside the house, I know.

Nope.

For the low, low price of $33/month, there are NO bugs in the house.  There is a LINE OF DEATH that doesn't affect vertebrates, and twice a month I take a broom and sweep up the world war I-esque line of carcasses 6" inside my garage door.

Like a Maginot line that actually WORKS

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 06:00:53 PM
Oh, and up North, berserk ostriches running loose like Goddamn dinosaurs.  But they die a month after they escape from the ostrich ranches.

Thisss...actually suits me. I fucking love Ostriches because...well...their temperaments sort of remind me of YOU.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on February 10, 2012, 06:09:31 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2012, 06:00:53 PM

Thisss...actually suits me. I fucking love Ostriches because...well...their temperaments sort of remind me of YOU.

:?

I am a mild-mannered country preacherman.