News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

[RENAMED] No longer losing it, I AM VICTORIOUS.

Started by navkat, February 08, 2012, 01:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: navkat on February 08, 2012, 03:02:17 PM
I've been trying so hard to be healthy and conquer in spite of the shit...to ignore the ugly and rise above it and this is what I do? It's the worst kind of self-sabotage and I have NO STINKING MEMORY OF DOING IT OR WHAT I WAS THINKING.

I didn't even read the whole things when I deleted them because the bits I skimmed made me wince so hard...not to be self-defeating ECH, but FUCK! I COULD TAKE MYSELF OUT BACK AND KICK MY OWN ASS INTO 1999.

Try the Nigel method.

Work out/hike/whatever until you feel better.  An hour a day.  Trust me on this one.

IT'S TRUE.

It's really hard to feel like a piece of shit when you're all sweaty and tired from working out. And people, like dogs, get kind of crazy and do bad things if they don't get enough exercise.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

That's been my cure, since I moved out.  Don't slow down.  Fencing twice a week, and teaching kids to play with swords on weekends, and making sure there's not much downtime the rest of the week.  (I got asked to meet friends for coffee, and had to check my calendar.)  I do a lot of walking, and am looking forward to things warming up so I can ride my bike, hike...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Thing to remember:  There's no disgrace in spending some time in Crazytown.  I myself spend a few weeks there a year.  Just got back, as a matter of fact, with some help from my friends.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: navkat on February 08, 2012, 01:54:03 PM
God, someone *does* understand me.

Um, I think I was pretty understanding and as helpful as I could be? Of course I didn't know you already knew the girl from way before, but then, I didnt assume either way.

QuoteApologizing and deleting is exactly what I did.

Good. And because you already knew her long time, less need to be candid about it like I suggested :)

My advice about rest still stands. I agree with what others said about getting exercise and such, but I am not so sure about the 5h of sleep per night. I would really advice to give yourself at least 8.

Also, I still like to know whether drugs or alcohol was involved when you made that oops on FB? Mostly because if it was, then not doing that will also help greatly towards such a thing not happening again. I know how easy it is to drown yourself in that shit but, well, sometimes it's nice for a night or two, but it really sounds like you need some good rest to turn down the stress levels a bit, and in the long run alcohol/drugs is counterproductive to that. Please disregard this entirely if no drugs/alcohol were involved btw, again, not knowing, I don't want to assume either way.

Also, Faust, if you're still ill and busy with all that--which I'm sorry to hear about man!--shoot me a PM because I can also analyze logs if you don't feel up to it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

navkat

THIS JUST IN:

NONE of the people in my AEMT class passed National Registry. NONE.

EVERYONE gave me shit for raising my hand too much to challenge misinformation, ask questions, object to CHEATING and CORRECT STUPID FUCKING MISTAKES LIKE TELLING THE CLASS TO MAKE D10 BY DRAWING 8cc OF D50 AND TWO ccs OF SALINE INSTEAD O THE OTHER WAY AROUND, THEREBY INCREASING THE LIKELIHOOD THAT ALL THEM BITCHES IS GONNA CAUSE TISSUE NECROSIS IN A PEDIATRIC PATIENT. He was a popular guy...a nice guy. Everyone liked him and I was a THORN IN HIS FUCKING SIDE.

I take my National Reg TODAY at 1300.

It is imperative that I pass, be the bigger person but WRITE A STRONGLY WORDED, HIGH-MINDED LETTER TO THE COLLEGE ABOUT ALL THE BLOODY WRONGNESS.

I've made a name for myself as a smarty-pance know-it-all so I don't have a leg to stand on unless I pass this fucker.

Please invoke the placebo effect on my behalf. Thank you.

navkat

Quote from: Nigel on February 08, 2012, 03:32:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 03:04:29 PM
Quote from: navkat on February 08, 2012, 03:02:17 PM
I've been trying so hard to be healthy and conquer in spite of the shit...to ignore the ugly and rise above it and this is what I do? It's the worst kind of self-sabotage and I have NO STINKING MEMORY OF DOING IT OR WHAT I WAS THINKING.

I didn't even read the whole things when I deleted them because the bits I skimmed made me wince so hard...not to be self-defeating ECH, but FUCK! I COULD TAKE MYSELF OUT BACK AND KICK MY OWN ASS INTO 1999.

Try the Nigel method.

Work out/hike/whatever until you feel better.  An hour a day.  Trust me on this one.

IT'S TRUE.

It's really hard to feel like a piece of shit when you're all sweaty and tired from working out. And people, like dogs, get kind of crazy and do bad things if they don't get enough exercise.

How in hell did I miss this? This is Newsreel material.

AFK

Definitely true, probably the main reason for letting inmates get outside time and recreational time.  Otherwise, you'd have a lot of shit going down on a regular basis. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Luna

Lesson from my old sensei:  You can learn something from everyone, however, it is important to be able to realize when all you can learn isn "this guy is full of shit."

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

navkat

Luna

Quote from: navkat on February 09, 2012, 01:55:51 PM
YESSSSS.

*bows*

That said, best of luck on the exam.  Get a night's sleep before, don't bother staying up to cram.  You know this shit.  Read it over, yes, but rest.

Q. G. Pennyworth

You should go to the exam in the same mental state you were in when you learned everything. In this case I believe that would be "stressed out near to death," so you should be golden!

(happy thoughts in your general direction)

navkat

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 09, 2012, 02:00:14 PM
You should go to the exam in the same mental state you were in when you learned everything. In this case I believe that would be "stressed out near to death," so you should be golden!

(happy thoughts in your general direction)

WIN!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on February 09, 2012, 01:13:38 PM
THIS JUST IN:

NONE of the people in my AEMT class passed National Registry. NONE.

EVERYONE gave me shit for raising my hand too much to challenge misinformation, ask questions, object to CHEATING and CORRECT STUPID FUCKING MISTAKES LIKE TELLING THE CLASS TO MAKE D10 BY DRAWING 8cc OF D50 AND TWO ccs OF SALINE INSTEAD O THE OTHER WAY AROUND, THEREBY INCREASING THE LIKELIHOOD THAT ALL THEM BITCHES IS GONNA CAUSE TISSUE NECROSIS IN A PEDIATRIC PATIENT. He was a popular guy...a nice guy. Everyone liked him and I was a THORN IN HIS FUCKING SIDE.

I take my National Reg TODAY at 1300.

It is imperative that I pass, be the bigger person but WRITE A STRONGLY WORDED, HIGH-MINDED LETTER TO THE COLLEGE ABOUT ALL THE BLOODY WRONGNESS.

I've made a name for myself as a smarty-pance know-it-all so I don't have a leg to stand on unless I pass this fucker.

Please invoke the placebo effect on my behalf. Thank you.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."