News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Adventures in Real Life turned to general essay purposes.

Started by Freeky, February 09, 2012, 06:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on May 05, 2012, 12:31:03 AM
Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2012, 12:21:26 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on May 04, 2012, 06:57:08 PM
WHOOPSIE DAISIE.  I just got an email from my writing teacher saying that she thinks I plagiarized my essay.  I guess I'd better take these other ones down, because, you know.  Plagiarism.  I don't do it.

Just tell her that you post your essays on a forum, and tell her your handle. Tell her that if she wants you'll post a code phrase of her choosing so you can prove it's you.

That's exactly what I did when I read the email.  I'm still frustrated and agitated, though, because she might not check her email until next week, and she gave me a 0/250 because of this.

I'm sure she'll reverse it. A lot of savvy teachers search quotes pulled from student essays, though, to make sure they aren't plagiarizing, so it's a good idea to not post until AFTER you've received your grade, and also to specify in each post that you wrote the essay for (class name).
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and if she gives you any flak, just save them until after the end of term and then post them. They're your IP, you have a right to.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Yeah, it didn't occur to me because Adventures In Real Life didn't raise any objections, and I posted it the same day it was due.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on May 05, 2012, 03:32:29 AM
Yeah, it didn't occur to me because Adventures In Real Life didn't raise any objections, and I posted it the same day it was due.

You would think she'd look at the rest of the thread and realize, oh, this is clearly the SAME STUDENT.

Freeky

So, this is a mistake I won't make again.  This whole misunderstanding has really made me want to say "Fuck it," and take an F, because who wants to work after being accused of stealing your own shit?  Which is bad.  bad bad bad.

LMNO

You need to laugh this off, and talk to the teacher.  Once you explain the situation, there's no way she'll dock you points.

Freeky

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 08, 2012, 03:11:49 PM
You need to laugh this off, and talk to the teacher.  Once you explain the situation, there's no way she'll dock you points.

Yeah.

Freeky

So, misunderstanding cleared up.  She was suspicious of the thing because it was "too professional."   

peedee,
Teaching people how to sound like they know wtf they're talking about since the Nixon administration.

LMNO

You should say, "Does that mean I just tested out of this class?"

Freeky