News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Adventures in Real Life turned to general essay purposes.

Started by Freeky, February 09, 2012, 06:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Not the way to win. You gotta go TED Talk on this one, guhl.

Freeky

Quote from: navkat on April 14, 2012, 03:33:45 AM
Not the way to win. You gotta go TED Talk on this one, guhl.

TED talk? 

Also, that last one is a weekly, so I don't really care, and the other one was graded on originality and depth.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Freeky

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 14, 2012, 06:19:04 AM
Freeky: Why the fuck aren't you published yet?  :)

I got one done once.  The subject was "Who do you think ought to be president?" and I talked up TGRR a whole bunch.  :lol:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 14, 2012, 10:52:09 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on April 14, 2012, 06:19:04 AM
Freeky: Why the fuck aren't you published yet?  :)

I got one done once.  The subject was "Who do you think ought to be president?" and I talked up TGRR a whole bunch.  :lol:

I'd like to read that one.  :lol:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Vaud

"Gee. He was just here a minute ago." -GC

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on April 15, 2012, 04:46:24 AM
There is a man in Tucson who goes by the name of The Good Reverend Roger.  He will never run, and he doesn't have the answers, and he doesn't represent anyone but himself. What he is is a man with a very strong sense of ethics, personality, justice, and what is right, as well as a good grasp on how people work.  It is this man who I would want as president above all others.

The Good Reverend has a very hands-off approach when it comes to personal choices.  Abortion, pot, religion, gay marriage, these things, he says, are all up to the person involved.  A person who can't choose these things are not free.

Reverend Roger has a very hands-ON approach to corporation and big business control.  As the most successful manager in his field in a worldwide corporation that deals in oil (among other things), he knows the ins and outs of what they are really doing business for, and it isn't the interests of "the little guy."

The Good Reverend loves the constitution, and it fills him with rage (I've borne witness to a good many of his rants and tirades) to see it ripped to shreds, dying by inches.  His concern over the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press bothers him the most, I think, because of his life-long pursuit of truth.  The approval of torture and imprisonment without a fair trial is a close second, if not tied with first place.

He is a great lover of history, and he sees in the current situation an obvious parallel with the Roman Empire, fifty years before it's fall.  A common saying of his is "We're only getting what we deserve as a nation.  The monkeys don't deserve freedom!"  And then he laughs, but it's an angry laugh, all the same.

So why do I believe that he should be president, and be a good president at that?  Because he knows how politics and people work.  He knows how the government works.  He is a decent human being with a strong regard for freedom.  And he can't possibly be worse than what we've got right now.

It would be funnier, anyway.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Anna Mae Bollocks

What would be even funnier is doing away with the presidency and running the whole country just like PD.

IMHO it would actually be an improvement.

Freeky

WHOOPSIE DAISIE.  I just got an email from my writing teacher saying that she thinks I plagiarized my essay.  I guess I'd better take these other ones down, because, you know.  Plagiarism.  I don't do it.

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on May 04, 2012, 06:57:08 PM
WHOOPSIE DAISIE.  I just got an email from my writing teacher saying that she thinks I plagiarized my essay.  I guess I'd better take these other ones down, because, you know.  Plagiarism.  I don't do it.

Did you get called out for plagiarizing yourself?

Freeky

Quote from: I am a Guru named Coyote on May 04, 2012, 07:21:54 PM

Did you get called out for plagiarizing yourself?

I have no idea.  She didn't say where she found my plagiarism at.  If I did plagiarize, that'd be some astronomical bad luck because I DID write it my own damn self.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Just tell her that you post your essays on a forum, and tell her your handle. Tell her that if she wants you'll post a code phrase of her choosing so you can prove it's you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2012, 12:21:26 AM

Just tell her that you post your essays on a forum, and tell her your handle. Tell her that if she wants you'll post a code phrase of her choosing so you can prove it's you.

That's exactly what I did when I read the email.  I'm still frustrated and agitated, though, because she might not check her email until next week, and she gave me a 0/250 because of this.